Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 questions...one baby related...one health related...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

ok.....got 2 questions...

where did all of your little ones start walking? my lil man is 13 months old and he cruises like if hes holdin things but he rather crawl, we have hard wood floors, no carpet so it could b that hes too smart to walk lol because he'll get hurt, but i was just curious when all your lil ones started!

and .....when i lay down, if i put my arm certain ways....parts of it go numb, and its like annoyin pain, like it feels like its half outta socket..im gonna try to make an appt today to see a dr, but i had a bad car accident in sept, could it b a late injury coming out now?? idk...its soo weird, it keeps me up at night!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TJP_ASP_MOMMY
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM

My DS *started* walking at 9 months but was fully walking by 10 months. Babies do all sorts of things at different ages, but if your doctor was concerned Im shure he/she would have said something about is development by now. If you are concerned though I would talk to the doctor, just for peace of mind. As for the arm thing Im not sure, so here is a bump. 

Tyler Joseph ~ 09/26/03 & Aubri Stacia ~ 08/08/08

My heart, my soul, my life!

When you are happy, I'll love you with a joyful heart. ~ When you are sad, I'll love you with a heart made heavier by your tears. ~ When you are right, I'll love you with a heart filled with pride. ~ When you are wrong, I'll love you with a heart that has learned acceptance. ~ When you succeed, I'll love you with a cheering heart. ~ When you fail, I'll love you with a heart that rewards the efforts you made. ~ When you dream, I'll love you with an encouraging heart. ~ When you give up, I'll love you with a heart that is strong enough for the both of us. ~ And when you are simply you, in whatever mood or phase of your life, I'll love you with all my heart, and more than you'll ever know. 

mommywillU
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Mine didn't start until late either. Don't worry and he's 27months now and walks and runs all over the place.

Arm-yes. You may just have some deep bruising, or a pinched nerve. Doctor may want to do an MRI though to be sure.

petiteNprego
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:23 AM

do u think something from a car accident back in september could wait till this long to really pop out?? its my left arm, and its not like i been doing anything really too phsyical, i wish i could say i have, only thing physical i been doing is chasing dylan and....sex lol hehehehe but its my left arm....and i dont pick him up with it...its sooo weird

and yea his dr hasnt said anything he talks ALOT so hes like....great that way lol talks up a storm!

petiteNprego
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

bump!!

kingandqueen103
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM

My DD has always been very tall, so she was a late walker.  She took a few steps here and there, but didn't truly start walking on her own until 15 months, but her vocabulary was off the charts.  I think they tend to focus on one thing at a time. 

As for your arm, definitely see your doctor, but I agree that it could be a pinched nerve.  Good luck & hope you feel better!

mommywillU
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

I doubt it then. If it's in your left arm, I would seriously get your blood pressure checked. That could be a warning sign of a heart attack. Do you know if you have high blood pressure?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)