• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aggravated At My Husband *Edited Need Some Help*

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM
  • 22 Replies

A couple of days ago I had to give up my pittbull terrier Bella.Which really hurt me.I have been depressed and crying for 4 days straight.I was very attached to my dog.sahe helped me through some tough times in my life.But due to us pcsing to Fort Knox next month and living in post houseing she was not allowed on post due to her breed being banned.Well the other day my husband takes the kids and goes out.Says we will be back in a little bit.They come home and bring in this

A chocolate lab named Cocoa. I was pissed.One it wasn't discussed with me and I was in no way ready for another dog.He says are you happy i was like um no why would I be happy.You brought this  thing in the house without discussing it with me.Yeah she is cute but still I am in no way ready to bond with another dog.He said well I thought it would help you get over losing your other one.I was like no only time would do that.So I have this beast in my house that I have no desire to get to know or anything right now.Yeah the kids are happy it doesn't take kids long to get over something.My poor hubby is trying everything to get me to like this new one and to bond with her but I just can't.She is a big pain in the butt.All she does is whine and whine.I have been kept up two nights in a row with her whining.And my husband can't understand why I am so pissy and moody at him.

I wanted to say that I did tell my husband that I apprciated what he tried to do for me.It was just too soon.Like the day after I just gave up my pitt.Today is my first day alone with Cocoa.It is my job to take care of her while the hubby is  at work and kids are at school.I also have a 3 year old and 18 month old at home.And I am having serious issues with her.And I am trying not to get fustrated at her.But she is very demanding.I can't leave a room without her whining and coming to find me.I think I have took her out 50 time or more already cause she keeps going to the door.I have played with her,petted her ,walked her and gave her fresh food and water.And I just don't know what else to do.I can't let her out in the yard due to no fence.But I can't get my housework done.I have never had a lab so are they always this needy.I am getting really fustrated and at my wits end.Thanks!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Phenomemom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I'm sorry you had to get rid of your dog! I would be frustrated too!

BSL = Bull Shit Legislation!

MollyDB
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM

awww. I understand he was trying to help but apparently he has never had a strong pet bond before. To you is like your dog died. You don't want another till you have grieved and moved on. Wonder why the new dog is whining......is she in your rooom? does she need to go out? its not her breed.....weird.

mattsarmywife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM

She wan't in our room the first night but to shut her up the second night we moved her in our room,Everytime she whines him or the kids take her out.She gets attention and played with .I don't know what the problem is but she is driving me nuts.

Quoting MollyDB:

awww. I understand he was trying to help but apparently he has never had a strong pet bond before. To you is like your dog died. You don't want another till you have grieved and moved on. Wonder why the new dog is whining......is she in your rooom? does she need to go out? its not her breed.....weird.

pam228
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM

your husband sounds really sweet! it sounds like he feels bad and is trying to help,maybe you could try to meet him half way. give the new dog a chance,i'm sure you'll love him too. don't look at it as he's replacing your pitt, but as he's looking for a new home. give him some loving and maybe he'll let you sleep at night--he needs a new mama.

PoniiGurl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

She can feel the dislike you have for her. It isn't her fault that your other furbaby had to go away. She probably thinks it is her... she's scared and doesn't know you at all and animals really can sense hostility. I hope you are able to at least accept her soon. I think he whining will quit if you are able to, she will never replace your other baby but you will have the chance to make some new memories with this one. Good luck!

justgrape723
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Quoting pam228:

your husband sounds really sweet! it sounds like he feels bad and is trying to help,maybe you could try to meet him half way. give the new dog a chance,i'm sure you'll love him too. don't look at it as he's replacing your pitt, but as he's looking for a new home. give him some loving and maybe he'll let you sleep at night--he needs a new mama.

I agree.....he was only trying to make things better for you. His heart was in the right place

nichvegas-mommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I agree with this. The new dog probably is scared and can totally feel your resent towards her. I understand you are upset because you weren't ready for a new pet, but your husband was trying to do something for you - it's the thought that counts! I hope you can warm up to this puppy soon.

Quoting PoniiGurl:

She can feel the dislike you have for her. It isn't her fault that your other furbaby had to go away. She probably thinks it is her... she's scared and doesn't know you at all and animals really can sense hostility. I hope you are able to at least accept her soon. I think he whining will quit if you are able to, she will never replace your other baby but you will have the chance to make some new memories with this one. Good luck!

mcphersonkj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I am so so so sorrrrrryyyyyyy you had to give your pup away!!! I would have been upset to, but don't just shy away from the new dog, Cocoa didn't ask to move in with you. Look at the positives to having a new dog.

AGAIN I AM SORRY ABOUT YOU DOG!

yotamomof4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM

I agree:)

Quoting pam228:

3timesoccermom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Truly sad about having to give up your dog.  Was there no other housing alternative for you?  (Can you tell I know nothing about military housing, etc.?)

I feel terrible for you but sad for your hubby too.  He has no idea the emotional complexities you're feeling and was just trying to help so try not to be mad at him or he will never attempt to cheer you up in the future should you need it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)