• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so pissed off!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have a 13 month old little girl to watch 5 days a week, the agreement was 50 a week, starting at 730am and ending anywhere from 4 to 7! Well first it started off at 50, then every week they have changed the amount, one week I didn't get paid b/c she was sick one day and her dad had to pick her up so they had to pay me the next week b/c they was short on money instead of 100 for 2 weeks I got 80. Now they are getting here as earlier as 7am (when I'm waking up) well today I jumped in the shower as soon as my alarm went off at 7, I get out of the shower at 710, knowing I had limited time to get dress and hair dryed. I walk out of the bathroom and DH says your kid is here, he told me they got here to drop her off as soon as I turned the water on, and since we didn't hear the door he banged on all the bedroom windows and woke up my entire family my kids dont get up until 830-9. Im so mad at them for waking up my kids, and getting here before they are suppose to. Should I say something about this or just let it go? Also a lot of times they are not ready for work they drop her off in there PJ's and then go back home to get dressed. The mom goes to work at 830 and the dad goes to work at 8, they also only have one car...  

Thank you ladies! I charge only 50 b/c she only makes 8 an hour and he makes 8.50. It is a steal though b/c the cheapest daycare here is around 100 a week. I know he works all 5 days b/c he works w/ my FIL. I don't know about her though she just always tells me she works all week.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoniiGurl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Definitely say something otherwise she'll soon be there at 6am :(

kingandqueen103
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I would absolutely say something.  Not only is this your business, but it is your home.  They have no right banging on windows waking up your children.  You need to draw up a contract stating what times you will watch the child, a set amount that you will be paid & have them sign it.  If they aren't willing to agree to it, maybe it's time to part ways...good luck!

iheartmygrls
I'd say you have to set some boundaries, and if the can't follow them - let them know that you will not be able to watch their kid anymore. I pay 165 for full-time daycare all week and 25 for partial days. I'd say $50 is a steal (depending on where you live) - and I would NEVER take advantage of my daycare like that - not that they would let me.

Marijean

Exactly! I'd deff say something. Thats a little ridiculous!

Quoting PoniiGurl:

Definitely say something otherwise she'll soon be there at 6am :(

Aaron Curtis9-24-08  twin boys   Braeden Anton9-25-08  blowing bubblesRaina Elle 6-27-05

Rowansmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Wow... you are really undercharging her family too... I charge 125 weekly and keep one little boy... I'd never take less.. lol... and its rare that she drops him off earlier than 8 and if she does, she lets me know and we have an agreement... she's in nursing school and has clinicals so sometimes he comes early or stays later and I have no problem with it... but 50 a week... no way...

BFMomma08

I would say something, especially for only getting paid 10 bucks a day..and barley at that!!  You can be nice about it don't need to be snippy..but considering hearing what you said..I know I would have a hard time not being snippy/ or short.  But yes, the agreement was 730 and a 1/2 hr does make a big difference!  Have they said why they drop her off soo early, especially since they are not even dressed yet?  Are you sure they are going to work if they are in their PJs when they drop her off and just want a sitter for the day? 

aidansmom0313

I would sit down and have a talk with them. I would tell them they need to stick to the original agreement (which IMO is a great deal for childcare!). If they cannot follow the agreement, they need to find someone else to take care of their child!

Humboldt0608

I would def. say something to them. That's a little much. Plus, it's only 50 bucks for child care... that's a steal and if I were them I wouldn't be stepping on the toes of someone who would be willing to watch my kid for so little.

Brandi1999
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Oh Yea ! I would say something ! Fifty bucks is way cheap for keeping a kid five days a week !  They would not be allow to drop her off before 7:30 and they would have a pick up time ! Not a 3 hour time span ! You can do anything during that time ! What if you have an emergency !   There is no excuse for them banging on windows and waking up everyone when they know you have children and there not supposed to be there until a certain time !  You have to be strict and set guidelines for parents or they will take advantage of you !

Austinsmommy416
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I went through this stuff about 2 years ago. I babysat my best friend's boyfriend's son and boy did they take advantage of me. You need to step up and say something or they won't ever learn their boundaries and they will keep using you.

*there's a goof in my siggy...so when you read a reply and I say something about my bf, I'm talking about Ryan. We aren't married.... yet anyhow LOL. And Seth is his son. Just to clear things up...*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)