Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I going to be screwed at tax time?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just saw my paycheck statement for this friday. They only took out .96 in taxes!!!  I know that we should expect a little bit more on our paychecks but will this turn around and bite me in the end? Will I still get that big refund? Should I adjust my W-4?

I'm so confused!!!
Help!!!

confused

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rag_dollmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

BUMP!!

stuckinamess
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

If you have your paycheck stub and your dh/so if they work and go to the irs webpage there is a withholding calculator that will tell you how to adjust your withholdings.

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

TnWAHMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Thank You

I don't want this to be the first year I owe the goverment. It's just me and the twins.

Thank You

Quoting stuckinamess:

If you have your paycheck stub and your dh/so if they work and go to the irs webpage there is a withholding calculator that will tell you how to adjust your withholdings.

Lisabrenner
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

check with your HR department and check your deductions.  if it's only from one paycheck, it shouldn't effect your return.  But double check your deductions to make sure they are correct.  Accounting may have made a mistake as well and if so, they can fix it.  Hope this helps you.

mommywillU
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Check with payroll. It sounds like there is an error within their program. It's hard to give advice w/. looking at your paystub or knowing how many dependants you claim, earnings etc. Even if it's the companie's fault, you're still responsible. If it's just you and your twins, did you qualify for EIC?

TnWAHMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I claim 1 dependent so they should be taking out at a higher rate. I generally do this so that I can get that big check at the end of the year.  Yes we always get the EIC which also makes for a larger refund. Yes I'm a single parent with twin boys age 15.

Yes I will call HR just to be sure.

Quoting mommywillU:

Check with payroll. It sounds like there is an error within their program. It's hard to give advice w/. looking at your paystub or knowing how many dependants you claim, earnings etc. Even if it's the companie's fault, you're still responsible. If it's just you and your twins, did you qualify for EIC?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)