• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY CRAZY IN LAWS STRIKE AGAIN!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok! For those of you following my whole I-Law situation, I have ANOTHER story to tell you.

Now, my FIL is nowhere near a financial expert. In fact, they have filed for bankruptcy TWICE and have borrowoed over 10,000 dollars from my hubby's grandma and at least 2,000 from us.

That being said when we were visiting them the other day, FIL turns to me and says, "Well, I know the first few years of you guys being out on your own is hard, but startr putting away some money. (At this point im thinking maybe hes trying to help...but then he says...) because Grandma (my MIL) wants the WHOLE family to go to the Harry potter theme park when it opens.

Okay...I dont know WHERE the harry potter theme park is being built, but im sure its not even in our state (missouri).

SO apparently they are expecting us to save hundreds of dollars for a flight to take our 1-3 year old to a park where things might scare her and she wont be able to get on practically any rides miles and miles away form home...

What- Ever. 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tysonsmom111006
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Lol...uhm..thats one of those..."uh huh" moments. Uh huh yea sure..uh huh lol

CrystalRhine
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM
When the time came I wouldn't go.
meduimchunk
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 AM

LMAO. Yeah. Like were really going to skip out on grocieries so we can take the most miserable trip of our lives.  LOL

Quoting Tysonsmom111006:

Lol...uhm..thats one of those..."uh huh" moments. Uh huh yea sure..uh huh lol

meduimchunk
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Hell, we arent even going to save up. Why the heck should we bend and scrap and save just to appease "Her Majesty"

Quoting CrystalRhine:

When the time came I wouldn't go.

bklaser
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

BAWHAHAH reminds me of my inlaws. At least yours do not want to use your child as a baby doll. Poor baby isnt even here yet and my MIL is talking about changing her outfits. I am going to have to put a nip in that. Because my daughter is not going to be a play toy... am I wrong?

missingbelle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Hahahaha...jeez. I on the other hand can't wait to go to the harry potter theme park ! Its here in Orlando ,fl. I live 15 min. outside of Orlando.

ILuvMyBoys07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

LMAO! That is great!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)