Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid question but I need a little advice...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

My DS is just getting over a stomach bug. He keeps telling me that he's hungry, but won't eat the toast or saltines that you're supposed to start out with so you don't upset their little tummies again. I do have cheez-it crackers, but I'm not sure if that would be ok to give to him. What do you ladies think?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lcappytan05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM

i would start him off with just a couple and see how he does and then go from there...it's still not real solid food...so i would think it wouldnt be too bad.

PROUDMAMAOF6
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Whatever you decide to give him make sure it is in small portions. Hope he feels 100% soon!

rbuss78
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Do you have any applesauce, popsicles, jello, etc?  How long has it been since he was sick?  You could try a few of the cheez-it crackers...worst case scenario, they won't agree with him and you'll know not to do taht again...lol.

willysmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM

my son doesn't eat toast or to many crackers. So i start him with a little broth and put crackers in the soup crushed up (so that they are mush)and see how he does. It has been working the last few days, my son is getting over a stomach bug as well

momo3lilladies
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I always give my girls applesauce, chicken soup broth, or yogurt.

blackwidow15
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM

some people come back fast give him what he wants with a side of bucket  he will be fine or live and learn!!!spider

aidansmom0313
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Quoting rbuss78:

Do you have any applesauce, popsicles, jello, etc?  How long has it been since he was sick?  You could try a few of the cheez-it crackers...worst case scenario, they won't agree with him and you'll know not to do taht again...lol.

He won't eat any of that stuff. He's got food sensory issues and doesn't like anything gummy or creamy in texture and just doesn't like popsicles for some reason. He hasn't thrown up since yesterday (sorry if TMI) and I just want to introduce food slowly.

jfjones0921
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I have always given my kids what they will eat and than watch them or put the bucket beside them just incase but luckly my kids will run to the bathroom to get sick.Just try small amounts but if he saying he's hungry than feed him

aidansmom0313
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Thaks for the advice, ladies. He just told me he wants Cheerios (completely forgot I had them, he usually doesn't eat them) so I'm going to try them first. At least he's drinking water so I don't have to worry about dehydration (he wanted milk but I KNOW that will be bad for him so it's water or Pedialyte for him!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)