Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas fast for an Easter Craft to do with Daisies ( Girl Scouts) for tonight ages 5-7 Please help!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

We just found out last night that the Daisy leader quit. We need a craft for tonight and some games for the kids to do.  Does anyone have any under 15 minute crafts the girls could do?  Along with any games?  Thanks.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beth336
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

hmmm could u make a bunny pattern they could trace, then use cotton balls for the tail and get them plastic eyes they could glue on and color the bunny? or use buttons as eyes.

sorry cant think of anything? or have them cut out a large egg. color the front and on the back have them write what they want to easter or what easter means to them and they can take turns reading it aloud

Beth336
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM

for games i know there are web sites u can make crossword puzzels. and u can have them find the words egg, easter, ham ect.

2bratzillasmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM

www.familyfun.com I receive the magazine and just looooove it.  It has some REALLY cute ideas in it.

WildKat
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Cotton ball bunnies?  Marshmallow-and-toothpick bunnies? Not sure what you'd use for eyes and ears, though...   You could dye eggs..? 

Check the Daisy handbook - there's bound to be something you could adapt.  Also check the GS website.  My daughter's troop didn't do anything easter-related....  they just did a try-it.  (She's in Brownies, even though she's 6.) 

As for games - pin the tail on the bunny, easter egg hunt...    Or do a scavenger hunt where teams of girls have to find and gather all the eastery things on the list before the timer goes off...

Good luck and peace,

Kat

daylens_mommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM

you could trace there hands and make daisys. the hand would be the flower and then use straws for the stem and cut little pots out of contruction paper. let them color the flowers if they want.

lilragdoll
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

CRAFT MATERIALS:

Disposable clear plastic icing bags
Orange jelly beans
Scissors
Green tissue paper
Twist ties

Time needed: Under 1 Hour

1. Fill an icing bag with orange jelly beans, leaving at least 3 inches unfilled at the top.

2. Cut out two 8-inch squares of green tissue paper and lay one on top of the other.

3. Pick up the squares from the center and give them a little twist so you have a cone-shaped carrot top.

4. Place the tissue, twisted end down, into the bag.

5. Gather the bag at the top of the jelly beans and secure with a twist tie, wrapping the tie around the "stem" of the tissue paper, so the greenery sticks out of the top.

OR

You can get a bunch of plastic eggs and download a few templets and make some easter egg pets :) go to         jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12148

AmyNB
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM
You could cut egg shapes out of contact paper and then use pieces of tissue paper to cover it. Then cover that with another piece of contact paper. You can punch a hole in it for a string to hang it up.
smadar
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Make some easter cookies, shaped as eggs. Let them decorate it, and eat it. It's fun and yummy to eat.They could make letters of pictures for the easter bunny.

As far as games you could do a easter scavenger hunt, it can be simple.A jelly bean guessing game, where they guess the amount of jelly beans. Pin the tail on the bunny maybe.

Theres a few ideas. I guess the best thing to do is just, start looking online, and decide on your budget how much money you wanna spend on the crafts, plus make sure it's something that will keep them interested.

meandmybean
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Michaels has a stuff the bunny thing on clearance for 2.99, I'm not sure how many girls you have in the troop, they had about 7 last night at the store. Depending on where you live you could swing by two or three stores... They get a little stuffed bunny out of it too!

2bratzillasmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Here's one that I thought was particularly cute.  The Daisy's mommas would love it too!

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=12147

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)