Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets hear something positive...(piog)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

With everything that is going on in the world today, all the struggles, economy, people losing there jobs...etc lets hear all the good positive things that are going on in our lives

Terika, mommy to Darren!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2thebestkid
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM

So for me I just sit back and thank God for letting me be the best mom, daughter, niece that I can be. 

My positive story is about Darren of course, I am just so proud of him. When his dad was living with us and it became an abusive situation, I did end up realizing it and got out but it took about 5 months and when it got bad it was really bad. So Darren started to act out alittle just because I think he was repeating what he saw his dad do. But now 1yr 8months later things are great, we all go through our struggles but Darren is doing great in school (9 A's 1 B) he is on honor roll and is student of the month this month. He is the most polite, warm, loving, thoughtful little boy and I am beyond proud of my little man. He has learned from the things that when on in his young little life. He talks about the things that happen and I just tell him, we don't need to think about those things because it is never going to happen again and lets just go forward with everything and you keep doing what you are doing and just remember you can be whatever you want to be in life. his response is, "I will mom, I think I want to be a guy that drives the ambulance"...lol

Terika, mommy to Darren!!

ShawnaH2005
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:03 AM

My family is happy, healthy and growing! Also I think my puppy is almost housebroke! No accidents for 4 days!

2busymomof3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Apparently DH and I have an Edward and Bella kinda love!  xoxoxo

happyin love

Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM

About a month ago, I closed on a house I paid $196K for. The houses in the neighborhood originaly sold for $380K+ at the top of the market. I got a pretty good deal. My mortgage payments are lower than what some people pay in rent! I was able to move out of my mom's house and am loving living on my own. 

Addition: I just got a raise and the paycheck is looking lovely!

ShawnaH2005
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM

So do we! People think its sick!

Quoting 2busymomof3:

happyin love

mrs.c123
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 AM

ummm.... my husbands medical retirement is finally going in full swing, and we will be moving next month!! *yay*

we are still alive!! (i thank god everyday for the blessing of waking up!)

my son is almost fully potty trained.... *whew*

Mommy to Taryn a BUSY LITTLE 3 YEAR OLD BOY and WIfe to MY HOT ARMY SOLDIER!!! 

jessierenee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 AM

My son Alex made the gifted and talented program!! His baseball team has come a long way since the begining of the season! Now they are kicking butt! Alex also just started playing soccer. He has great coaches for both teams I could not ask for more!

Jordan is following right behind her big brother in school! She is right on track with where she needs to be! Her softball team is #1 in the league and # 2 in the co-op!

I am fortunate to say that I have a great job and a great boss. Oh and my kids hottie assistant principal... ( we've had our eyes on each other teehee!) is going to be coming out to see him play! Life is good I can't complain. For those of you who are having hard times, keep your head up things will get better! I wish all of you the best!

2busymomof3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM

A friend of mine was over last night gushing about me and DH.  It was awesome!  I wasn't aware of how obvious it was though.  lol 

Quoting ShawnaH2005:

So do we! People think its sick!

Quoting 2busymomof3:

happyin love

neighbor_girl1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I am super happy cuz my DH and I have been needing to move to a bigger place for a while but there where no bigger places available in our building and we really cant afford more in rent. But my landlord is moving us to a bigger unit next month and not increasing our rent at all!!! I was so happy I could have kissed him on the mouth! Only three more weeks and we will have more room than we know what to do with.

MaddieBsMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM

My family is healthy & happy, first a most importantly! DF and I are getting married June 13, I went this past weekend and purchased my wedding dress, it's beautiful....... and got it for $200 at a charity function, yeah!!! My wedding and vacation plans are coming together, we reserved a beach house last week and I can't wait!!! Oh yeah, DD and I are going with my parents to Washington D.C. this weekend to sight see, I'm off Friday for this trip, sooooo 1 more day to the weekend, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)