Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish me luck girls

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

Okay so I am on day 2 of taking Chantix to quit smoking.  I just started so I haven't quit yet.  You can still smoke like the first week.  It worked for my MIL who smoked for 40 years.  I need to quit.  I don't want to be an old lady with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth.  I am done.  Wish me luck!  I need it.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yotamomof4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Good luck :) 

NESmith63
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Good Luck!! My husband used it when we quit smoking.  He had smoked for 10 years.....I had smoked for 6.  I quit cold turkey just occassionally using the gum (i dont suggest that....it sucked!) Hubby used Chantix and it worked! September 3rd will be our 2 year smoke free anniversary!  You can do it!! You will feel so much better after awhile! (just remember...it takes a bit of time)

baseball                                                baby gift
   Matthew Dylan 3/9/05                                      Makayla Anne 2/27/09

heatherrose329
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

GOOD LUCK  ~ If you need any support or some one to vent at look me up ex~smoker myself im here              ~congrats on make such a huge step in your life!!!

neighbor_girl1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

This is really making me want to quit. You can do it, it will suck for a while but will be so worth it once you know you can go without. Damn, I need to quit!

tiffer0118
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM
I would wish you luck too but I notice from your profile you're a White Sox Fan, lol. Just kiddin..come on, do it with me!!!! Oh and Go Cubbies!! LOL
Quoting neighbor_girl1:

This is really making me want to quit. You can do it, it will suck for a while but will be so worth it once you know you can go without. Damn, I need to quit!

Phenomemom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Good luck!

And silly question...how much does it cost? I REALLY want to quit, but I need help!

Miles 7/18/07  Jonas 9/8/08

tiffer0118
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Quoting heatherrose329:

GOOD LUCK  ~ If you need any support or some one to vent at look me up ex~smoker myself im here              ~congrats on make such a huge step in your life!!!

Thank you! That was so nice of you to say. I almost teared up. WTF is wrong with me today, lol.
tiffer0118
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Quoting Phenomemom:

Good luck!

And silly question...how much does it cost? I REALLY want to quit, but I need help!

It's expensive but I just have to think of how much I will be saving in smokes since they are like $9 a pack. It was $140 plus I had a $30 off coupon from my Dr.
party_of_5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Good luck mama!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)