Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Mamma's that work!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM
  • 25 Replies

Do you make more then your DH does? Just a question, DH and I had this conversation last night, he said that he feels like a failure because I make more then him by about 8k a year. He said that he is the one that is supposed to be paying the bills, and we are supposed to be saving my checks or that is our spending money. Which either way, we don't make enough to do that anyways! LOL

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AKazz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I did at one point, but my husband makes almost double what I make. He used to feel that way too when I made more.

jodigalvin
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I made more then my hubby when we were dating and engaged.  HE now makes $20,000 a year more then me.  I like it this way.

mommy2twoangel
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM

DH used to make more than me, but now the job that I am at, we make the same amount.  So it works out.  He wouldn't have a problem if I made more though.  Doesn't matter to us, it's both of our money anyways.  

lizmarie1975
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I used to but now that he's started working for himself, he's pulling in double what I make.  Guess who's putting the down payment on the house?  LOL.

Ashtonsmommy529
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Nice!

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I used to but now that he's started working for himself, he's pulling in double what I make.  Guess who's putting the down payment on the house?  LOL.

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
billysmami
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My hubby and I both work full time, my hubby gets pay more BUT about 300 bucks to go savings/retirement.  So, what goes into our checkings is about the same.  Because he wants to use my money for the kids, spending money and for me to get whatever i want (im a New York and Co shopacholic), HE works 3 to 4 OFF DUTY JOBS. 

Hw may want to do that, I also have Ebay sales than bring extra every month but i use all the profits to go toward my kids college fund and/or savin accounts. 

he may want to do something like that

nancycsel
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM

My husband makes a little bit more then me hourly but he also gets quarterly bonuses and I don't so I guess he actually makes a lot more then me.

neighbor_girl1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I def. make less than my DH, but he is salaried and I am not and I only work about 25 hours a week. I imagine that I could make as much as him if I worked as many hours but I am willing to take the hit in the money dept. because it allows me time with my DD, and that is priceless.

youngmom33
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I do and I don't. He makes more hourly but my checks are bigger b/c I don't pay child support. But he did go out and get a second job so now he is making more than me but only like 100 dollars more a week. It doesn't bother him at all, or well he hasn't said anything to me about it bothering him 

luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:39 AM

im not working right now, but when i graduate i hope to be making more than him...so right now he makes about $75,000 more than me lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)