Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS is saying that his grandpa is telling him to do bad things.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 28 Replies

ok, Brayden has this obsession with "grandpa"  non of his grandfathers go by "grandpa" so we aren't sure where he came up with it.  he does have a great grandfather that passed before he was born, and for a while we thought that maybe there was some communication between them.  but the more he talks about "grandpa" the more bothered i get.  i'll tell him not to do things and he tells me that his "grandpa" said he could.  i've asked him what his "grandpa" looks like and he says that he is a pillow at the store, (huh?).  he's four so maybe that has something to do with it.  has anyone had experience with made up friends?  but here is the thing sometimes i think that it is something more...

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dixie40
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM

My son has "imaginary" friends but he never says they tell him to do things.

CCCs
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

no one has any advice???

CharmaineL
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

It may very well be an imaginary friend, but to rule out anything in real life, is your son in pre-school, daycare or a church group or some other place where he might be in contact with a (creepy) older guy?  

necro1134
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM

ive never delt with that sorry....the only thing i could think of was the shining though sorry.

RedHot252
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM

He may be a "sensitive" and see the spirits.

CCCs
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

no he stays home with me! he won't start pre-k until next year.  the only time he isn't with me he is with his dad and neither one of use can figure out where he is getting it from.

Quoting CharmaineL:

It may very well be an imaginary friend, but to rule out anything in real life, is your son in pre-school, daycare or a church group or some other place where he might be in contact with a (creepy) older guy?  

in loveblowing bubblestwin boystoddler boy

Dh and me                  Karly              Bryce & Brayden     Gabriel

EddiesMommy712
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I think he may just have an overactive imagination.  He may be doing bad stuff, and saying "GRANDPA" told him to do it, so he doesn't get in trouble.  But I would also look into maybe some creepy old guy hanging around like a PP said.  You never know these days.

peepszaya

My daughter talked to my grandfather after he passed away, she was only 1 1/2 at the time and she would pick up her play phone and have converations with him. He never told her to do things, but I never discouraged her from talking to him. Maybe tell him your glad he is talking to him but that it isn't okay to do everything that he tells him because he is going to be the one to get into trouble for it not his grandpa? 

Misurromommy
My son did that with my grandpa. He died before i even got pregnant with my son. He picked up on talks i had with DH about him and started exactly the same thing. All i did was telling him, that he needs to ask me or daddy if he can do something not pawpaw. And i telked to him about pawpaw as well and he understood, that pawpaw didn't want him to be in truble. It stopped after a while. Just to make sure, see if there is a possibility for an old guy to have contact with him. Just to rule that out.
1mom08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM
My aunt had a still birth 13 years ago and then like 6 years later had my cousin well he'd be sitting there watching tv and all a sudden he'd say clay stop and my aunt said "what?" she haden't told him that he would of had a older brother, she got freaked out cause he was only 3 at the time. I think past lives go for the young because there mind is so open.

that is what u mean right??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)