Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash on sons face.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

so my son has a little rash on the side of his face closer to his ear. it looks like a tiny bunch of red bumps. its really rough feeling. no pus, no swelling, nothing like that. its been there for a good 2 weeks maybe. i noticed the other night that around one of his nipples its rough feeling. then i noticed a rough spot on his leg. (none of the extra rough spots have red bumps. just rough feeling) and last night after we pulled him out of the tub, he had red bumps all over his stomach. they look like they've gone down, but they're still there.

i'd take a picture, but he wont stay still...he's only 3 months. i plan on taking him to the pedi, but i cant right now. (no insurance, long story)

what does it sound like to you?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

ecemia(sp)?  my ds has it...could be it.  you should try hydrocortisone cream.  you can get it at walmart and thats what my ds doctor told me to use.

prue2012
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

he maybe teething mine did that and would get a rash on their cheeks.  i bought this pad you can put down on thier crib to sleep and it absorbs the extra salivia.  it may help but that's what i think it is.  good luck

stefvan

It sounds like eczema.  Try some Eucerin lotion.

JudeandLucy

DD had a mystery rash a few months ago. I called my pediatrician and he said as long as it's not bothersome or spreading then it's fine. I switched DD to All Free & Clear laundry detergant, Aveeno baby wash & Aveeno lotion and it started going away. Maybe you could try some of that?

brittneyon
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM

i think i will. i had a friend tell me it could be the eczema. so i'll try the hydrocortisone cream first. if that doesnt work lol...i guess i'll try this! i was wondering if maybe it was his body wash and stuff. maybe he just has super sensitive skin.

Quoting JudeandLucy:

DD had a mystery rash a few months ago. I called my pediatrician and he said as long as it's not bothersome or spreading then it's fine. I switched DD to All Free & Clear laundry detergant, Aveeno baby wash & Aveeno lotion and it started going away. Maybe you could try some of that?

Baby Icons

sryle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Sounds like eczema, my son has had it since he was about 4 months... he had it on his face really bad, but it also comes up as red bumpy splotches on his legs. It's lessened the older he's got- the pedi said they generally grow out of it... but my grandpa has it still, so not always. His face gets red around his mouth when it gets colder out- and his allergies flare up, it's all related really... This pic was taken recently- it's been cold so his face has been red. When he was a baby it covered his cheeks and chin and was constantly raw looking- we tried everything under the sun the doc could prescribe... but in the end I recommend neosporin b/c that seems to help it now, and nothing else ever did. 

I found a picture of it when it first started (it was sometimes a lot redder and worse than this even):

I am a politicially incorrect conservative, Christian, Pro-Life, breast & bottle feeding, extended rear facinganti co-sleeping, CIO, vaccinating, circumsising, disposable diapering, last resort spanking, time out giving, postative reinforcement using, safety harness using, young married working mommy... to my happy, healthy little boy and girl!!

lizzer
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM

try cetaphil lotion, walmart carries it plus they have thier own cetaphil lotion which is cheaper and works the same....i use it for both of my girls who have ezcema 

pregnancy

brittneyon
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:51 AM

that kinda resembles it except its around his ear like...right under his sideburn. it looked worse last night and i put some vaseline on it. then when he woke up at 5 i put some more on it. it looks some better. all in all i will take him to his pedi to find out for sure. but thank you :]

Quoting sryle:

Sounds like eczema, my son has had it since he was about 4 months... he had it on his face really bad, but it also comes up as red bumpy splotches on his legs. It's lessened the older he's got- the pedi said they generally grow out of it... but my grandpa has it still, so not always. His face gets red around his mouth when it gets colder out- and his allergies flare up, it's all related really... This pic was taken recently- it's been cold so his face has been red. When he was a baby it covered his cheeks and chin and was constantly raw looking- we tried everything under the sun the doc could prescribe... but in the end I recommend neosporin b/c that seems to help it now, and nothing else ever did. 

Baby Icons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)