Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Visiting Washington D.C, suggestions where to stay with two children??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

We're traveling to D.C. with an 8 and 3 y/o. I'm trying to find a safe,  somewhat quiet, clean (no bed-bugs!) place to stay that doesn't cost a fortune! I've been reading some sites and actually read there are bed bugs where we were going to stay!! Yikes! It's also surrounded by train tracks on one side and highway on the other. We have to change!!!

Help we're going soon!! Thank you!!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lisabrenner
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Where were you going to stay?  do you want in the city or outside the city?

Let me know.  I live in MD so I can help you out.

SassyMommyBllck
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM

My BIL lives in DC and when we go visting we stay with him. There are quite a few hotels right in downtown DC but they are pretty expensive...pm me and I can text him for a cheap but clean hotel to stay at

SGJsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:06 AM

There are nice hotels in DC, but if you aren't staying at one of those, I wouldn't stay in DC. I would find a hotel in town somewhere outside of DC, like in MD. I live in MD, so if you need any advice just send me a message. You need to be careful where you stay, especially with little ones.

two_girls
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

We'd like to be near the museums, etc as we are doing this on a budget, as the flight and hotel are are biggest expenses. But I don't want to sacrifice safety and a good nights sleep!. If it's near a Metro even better!!!!

Thanks friends!!

bump!

two_girls
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

bump! bump! bump! Da-bump!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)