Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! I need to think of a good meal plan.....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

SOOO

I'm going grocery shopping today and I wanted to write down a good meal plan but I have no clue where to start. Does anyone have any ideas w/ the ingrediants that i'll need?? I could use all the help I can get!

Thank you!! It's for a family of 4 too.

KATE::: Mom to two little Irish Twins, Fiance to a great man, loves Christmas time, huge fan of the EAGLES, lovees girls night out, oh and I'm pretty straight forward and honest... you don't like it, sorry

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dayija
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I started out by writing out what meals I wanted to eat every day of the week. Then based my grocery list off of that. 

Mommy GraphicsMommy GraphicsMommy GraphicsMommy GraphicsMommy GraphicsMommy Graphics

Rachel315
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Good Luck... Every time I try to make a meal plan for the week I always go astray... Usually end up getting pizza or something fast.

Katee1107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM

yeah me too, we've been getting pizza or something like that once a week at least AND we really need to save money for our wedding so we're gonna really try hard to stick to this meal plan idea. I can only think of a few meals to make and we always have them, i'm just looking for new good and easy ideas! lol

Quoting Rachel315:

Good Luck... Every time I try to make a meal plan for the week I always go astray... Usually end up getting pizza or something fast.

Katee1107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM

any ideas for certain meals?

Quoting Dayija:

I started out by writing out what meals I wanted to eat every day of the week. Then based my grocery list off of that. 

Kina2308
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

it depends on what you like to eat?

I like this site when I want something but am not sure how I want it cooked

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Dayija
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Katee1107:

any ideas for certain meals?

Quoting Dayija:

We use a lot of hamburgerin my family. Just simple stuff like tacos, or hamburger helper. We put pizza on the agenda or I'll make a stir-fry. Or I look on the web for ideas. I hate eating the same thing every couple days so I get creative.

Base it around things you like to eat. That's what I did. It was hard to stick to a menu at first but now that I don't work it's a little easier.

Dayija
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Quoting Kina2308:

That's a good site...I go to cooks.com or foodnetwork. com too. And when I'm feeling extra cheap I go to campbells soup website too.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I make a lot of "wraps" in the spring and summer. In order to use up the wraps and not get bored, I make:

Asian Chicken wrap- Chicken, lettuce, mandarin oranges, low fat sesame ginger dressing and a few La Choy noodles.

Mexican wrap- Chicken, maybe some black beans, fat free sour cream, tbsp. of pre-made guacamole, tomatoes, olives. Add some cheese if you like.

Grilled vegetable wrap- whatever veggies you like.

Hope that helps.

Kina2308
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Quoting Dayija:

Quoting Kina2308:

That's a good site...I go to cooks.com or foodnetwork. com too. And when I'm feeling extra cheap I go to campbells soup website too.

I forgot about cooks.com...i love them too!

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I usually do the 5 day meal plans. Then I check my staples, so I'm free to make my own "fast food" (re-heat & eat)

My grocery list starts with the meats needed for my dinners each night, then the fruits & veggies, breads, dairy & extras.

Extras are things for the house, like paper and cleaning supplies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)