Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Slept on the Couch Last Night

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 37 Replies

Can you ladies tell me how often your hubby turns down sex when you request it? Last night when I got home I told him I wanted to have sex and he got this look on his face like "Please don't make me". Which obviously hurt my feelings, even though he swears up and down he didn't mean to make a face. That lead to an argument and he slept on the couch for the first time.

So I'm wondering how often you've been rejected by your hubby....I thought guys were supposed to be ready for sex 24/7. It seems to be every one except my husband.

I Married My High School Sweetheart!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meganskiddos
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

My hubbs has't ever turned me down.  However, he has said of course we can.  But then after the kids get put to bed and we finally get ready for bed, he has fallen asleep.  That has happened a few times.  He either wasn't in the mood or just was so tired.  Usually when he's in the mood, he is NOT going to sleep until he gets it LOL.

I'm sorry he hurt your feelings.  I know how that can feel. 

raiderbaybe
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM

That has happened to me before too. It sucks because when he wants it I better be ready but when i want it its whatever.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I am sorry, I am not much help. My DH and I have been together for 9 years, married for almost 6 and he has never turned me down for sex. I actually have to turn him down or it would be every night. 

family in the van

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM

They're humans too.  They can turn down sex just as easily as we can.  I wouldn't make my husband ever sleep on the couch though.  He pays the bills around here, he should be able to sleep in his own bed.

~Jill~

hem0036
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Don't worry, its mine too. I want it every day, him not so much.  Usually twice a week or so. But he does want me to get HIM off almost every day.  Which pisses me off, becuase I have told him that I have needs to and its not fair for me to get him off, and then not get anything in return you know? I stopped telling him I wanted to have sex because he told me that made him feel like it was planned.  Because I would tell him usually before dinner, and we wouldnt have sex until at least 10 pm.  its just gotten to the point where I try to deal with it.  It hurts my feelings cause I will take a shower, and wear something cute, or nothing at all sometimes, and he will just lay there and watch tv.  Ill even snuggle up with him and touch him, and nothing.  It hurts my feelings but if I bring it up to him, he always has sex with me that night, and then I feel like he only did it cause I said something, especially since I dont get it again for another 4 or 5 days, just like it was before.  Id be happy with every other day, but I would really like it every day. Whatever though right?

My boys are my life!

Dayija
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I think the only time my hubby turned down sex was when he was really sick...If I was up for having sex right after having our son he would have been all for it. How sad is that...I'm sure you aren't the only one in this postion. I bet there are more out there than you think. Did you ask him about it later once everything calmed down???

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics

blondenoah
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM

two weeks straight this month untill i slept on the couch for three nightys straight and we argued about it.

hem0036
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM

This is how my hubby is too.  If he wants it, he gets it, but if I want it, sorry, too bad, Im not in the mood.

Quoting raiderbaybe:

That has happened to me before too. It sucks because when he wants it I better be ready but when i want it its whatever.

My boys are my life!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I thought the same thing too. Because he is a man he should always be ready...but he works long days and is tired too, just like the rest of us.

I just lay on the guilt....but that is just my way! You really should give him a break, he is a man, not a machine.

KierstynsMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

We are the other way around.. I ALWAYS Turn him down. He always wants it.. Me not so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)