Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY Important Question

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you make your burgers doctored up by mixing stuff in with the meat or do you take the traditional approach and just salt and pepper it?

Sorry... I saw Bobby Flay say the only way to make a burger is salt and pepper and brushed with a little oil so now I am all curious.

babys-first-easter01.gif  babys-second-easter1.gif

Stefanie~ Mom to Irish Twins Liam (7/07) and Molly (06/08)
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljliammama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I always add something...like french onion dip or the back of the ranch packet has a yummy recipe...Never just salt and pepper for us. 

1mom08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM
i put larys seasoning in to and sometimes i saute onions.
ashton_409
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I use steak seasoning. which has salt and pepper already in it. LOL But I dont get crazy and add in a bunch of stuff either. No veggies or anything.

have you watched rachael ray?? shes the self-proclaimed 'queen of burgers'. She'll add anything to any type of meat if its made into a burger. LOL

Those two should get together and have a great burger debate.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace."

nancycsel
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM

My husband is the cook in the family but he always adds spices of some kind. My favorite is when he stuffs cheese in the middle (aged cheddar).. dang now I want a burger! 

jess_diva
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM
I add just a little seasoning salt but I make mine with ground turkey, no red meat here. We actually had turkey burgers for dinner last night.
BBowMommy

I have always preferred the simple salt, pepper, and garlic powder way of cooking them. 

readingAA in Child Devopment; Ceritificate of Mastery in Child Development; BS in Elementary Education underway

PoniiGurl

I use a grill seasoning mix and either soy sauce or worchestershire sauce with olive oil. A little secret to help the burger cook evenly is to make a bit of an indenture in the middle so it is a bit thinner than the rest of the burger, it balances out and helps the burger cook at the same temp all the way through.

25beengoodtome

I buy high-quality beef. We cook it plain, with a little salt & pepper.The burgers taste best that way once you add your fresh tomatoes, lettuce & onions. Oh, and a TBSP of mayo.The buns, they MUST be fresh too!

stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I make them a bunch of different ways, sometimes onions go in, sometimes different seasonings go in. Just depends on what I want.

blondenoah
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM

depends what kind of burger i'm making if its for the kids shredded carrots and veggies go in if its a hawian burger pineapple juice and crushed pineapples go in with bbq suace to baste it really just depends

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)