• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is an alcholic!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

My sons dad and I are both in recovery from drugs and alcohol. We go to NA (12 step) meetings once a week. The meeting we go to allows kids , so our 2 yr old comes with us. For those of you who dont know about NA and AA at the beginning every one goes around and introduces them sleves like this: "hi my name is ___ and I am an Alchoclic/Addict. Well we doing introductions and after my sons dad and i introduced oursleves my 2 yr old pipes up with "Im Junur (how hes says his name) im alcolic" THe whole room was rolling laughing for about 5 minutes!! No this is not bad thing.. He was used to oging to meetings with us.. it was sooooo cute! then when we went to say the serenity prayer, my 2 yr ols had the whole thing (expcet a few words) memorized and was able to say it with the group.. resultaing in abunch of aww's...

well i thing this is so cool.. my son at only 2 is participating in our recovery.. as he gets older we will soeak t him more in detial about it.. my hopes are that he never really has to experiecne addiction and will learn from our mistakes...

well i just thought was really cute and wanted to share!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amber_1024
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM

They say the darndest things.. lol!

ldw5108a
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Its amzing wat kids pick up

aprilrain429
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

thats really cute! maybe going to the meeting with you he won't be addicted to anything!congrats on getting clean!

necro1134
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

thats cute

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM

That is so dang cute!

And yay to you for your sobreity! Sadly, the night meeting here... the only one DH and I could make together is not kid friendly.... 

babys-first-easter01.gif  babys-second-easter1.gif

Stefanie~ Mom to Irish Twins Liam (7/07) and Molly (06/08)
zantonysmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Congrats to you! And how great that you can take your kid(s) with you to your meeting.s. My DH goes to AA and they have a bon fire meeting on the beach every Sat. Night, we make it a whole family night. it's great! Everyone brings their little ones and I think it's a wonderful thing for the kids to be part of.

Proudmommy312
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Quoting aprilrain429:

thats really cute! maybe going to the meeting with you he won't be addicted to anything!congrats on getting clean!

ms_mommy_sue
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I to attend the kid friendly meetings when I can not find a sitter for the munchkins.

Otherwise I go to a different meeting, that is not kid friendly. I think what your son did is great, and pray he never has to deal with the things we deal with! Bless you and many congrats on your recovery!

MandiK
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM

That's so cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)