• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What position does your baby sleep in?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

My DD was in the NICU and they put her to sleep on her side so now she wont sleep on her back only her side. She is 9 weeks old. She will roll to her side if I put her on her back. I was curious how your babies sleep..side back or belly?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amber_1024
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:53 AM

When my daughter was that age..she constantly slept more on her side..  Now that she's 1 & 1/2, she sleeps on her back...

But she's been a co-sleeper from the time she was born til now...  ( thought i'd throw that out there) lol

tgentosi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Quoting amber_1024:

When my daughter was that age..she constantly slept more on her side..  Now that she's 1 & 1/2, she sleeps on her back...

But she's been a co-sleeper from the time she was born til now...  ( thought i'd throw that out there) lol

Emma coslept untill 4 days ago :) I just transitioned her to her bassinet net to my bed

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM

The side is perfectly fine, especially if she's putting herself that way.  Just make sure, since she's a preemie, that she doesn't keep going and roll over to her belly.

My daughter was born at 30 weeks and always slept on her back, until she could roll over to her side, now she mostly sleeps on her side, but sometimes she's roll onto her belly.  She's 10 months now.

~Jill~

amber_1024
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Quoting tgentosi:

Quoting amber_1024:

Emma coslept untill 4 days ago :) I just transitioned her to her bassinet net to my bed

It may just be that she's used to co-sleeping, and cuddling with you, that she's used to sleeping on her side.. and it's more comfortable for her!

ilovemykids79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

My ds usually sleeps on his side. Sometimes on his back, he is almost 6 months old. There are times he roles on to his tummy at night but he wont sleep that way in fact he will wine until you put him back on his back, but he knows how to roll to his back on his own lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)