• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling sorry for myself

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
DH got laid off back in September, he quickly found a new job only to be laid 1 month later. We've been getting foods stamps, Medicaid, and unemployment. I started looking for a job but not even fast food places are hiring in Northern Colorado. Dh has searched and made 5 contacts daily but no luck. He had 2 interviews last week but one didn't work out and we are still waiting to hear back from the other one. He applied with the State Troopers and we know that takes 8-10 weeks to hear back from them and it hasn't been that long yet but who knows if that will work. We've been blessed that we have had no serious problems and DH is trying to go to school while he is unemployed and our rent is paid until July ( we always pay in advance when we can)and our car insurance is good until September. Unemployment runs out next month and we don't know if we can get it extended since all they say when we call is wait for a letter. Food stamps didn't come this month because last month I renewed ( on time!!!) and they say they are backed up so they cut them off until they get ahead. I am not worried about food because we have enough to get by for a few weeks but after that who knows. I've been putting forward a happy face for my kids and DH, I listen and try to encourage my husband but I need to vent. I know that right now this very second we have no problems but I'm worried about what will happen the next few weeks. Thanks for letting me vent
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
yngmomma21833
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Keep your head up! Things can change in the blink of an eye! GL

ShortCakeScrap
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I know it's tough, but wanted to say hang in there it will be ok.  Keep your chin up.

hugs

neighbor_girl1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM

OK, deep breath! It seems like you two are doing your very best to look for work and use all your resouces to keep on track. I know it's tough, my DH was unemployed for a while too but you have to keep your head up and keep on pounding the pavement. Keep focued and positive and something will come your way. Good luck!

mommy_of-2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Sorry that is hard.  Check on line and see if you have an angel food ministrynear you.  They have some good stuff and it isn't alot of money for the food.  Way less then the grocery store.

homemommie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM

It sounds like you are alot like us Mommies and do get concerned about the future. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Just keep your head up and a optimistic attitude. I do have to say that it is very smart on you and your DH to pay things in advance. Most people don't or can't.

group hug

aapye
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM
For some reason its not letting me quote. to the lady that asked about angel food ministries I just wanted to let you know that the closest one is 70 miles away but thanks for suggesting it. Thanks so much ladies for the support, I know I'm just whining lol but it helps
Proudmommy312
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Times are really really tough for so many these days, myself included. You are so smart to pay things in advance!!  It sounds like you two are doing everything you should be doing. Just hang in there, things will fall into place. Reach out to all the support available to you. Best of luck to you and your family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)