• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which type of schooling works best for you...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What type of school works best for your family?

Options:

home schooling

public school

private school

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Why?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I voted for public, but our schools are awesome. My kids go to the same school I went to, with some of the same staff even. We have the occasional problems, like anyone else, but for the most part, I'm extremely satisfied with the education they're receiving.

mitch576
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM

public.

my oldest has high functioning autism. he has int eh past required certain therapies that only public schools receive funding for { private are not required to provide such services under the law}

so... he attends public.

we live in a really good district { best in the state}

and i am a bitch...so i have a lawyer.  so, public school has been very accomodating for us

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Debbie233
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Right now we are doing homeschooling for my ds.   We are looking into doing the homeschooling for his 9th grade as well.   We have been doing it this way since Oct 2008.   He was letting what the other kids at his public school say about him that he was not doing his work & the teachers there suck & never helped him when he asked.   I would even go down asing for help for him & was always told that he needed to read the book.  He did that, but still had questions.   So that just told me that the teachers they have woring at this school had no idea what they were doing unless they were reading the book.

Thebarbiedoll
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I prefer public schooling. My children all to very well, know how to socialize well with others their age as well as adults, use there manners, respect others and know how to take care of responsibilities. However that dosen't go with out saying that there are days they test me or the teachers.

Now as for my step-son he has done both and is now being homeschooled. He is very behind, makes D's at best. Dosen't show respect to others, no manners, dosen't socialize well and is always in trouble. I belive this has to do with the parenting he is recieving at his home.

Has anyone heard of this homeschooling called "K-12), I think it is a joke from what I've seen my step-son work on while he was here visiting for spring break. He read a few chapters and then answered questions on the computer. They were muliple choice and if he got it wrong it would say "Incorrect, yadda,yadda" and he could continue to answer each one until he got it right!!! What does that teach them????

heather4834
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)