• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP with keeping dogs out of flowerbeds!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need to know how I can keep my dogs out of my flowerbeds. They are indoor dogs but when I let them out they get in my flowerbed against the house the dirt goes right on my flowers. They are perennials and trying to come up and she keeps covering them up. Does anyone know anything I can put down to keep them out? I read somewhere plant merigolds but that could get a little expensive. Any ideas would help!! Thanks 

little flower

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM

We buy this stuff at the feed store down south that is Deer Urine. It keeps dogs, cats, and other critters away... and is safe... sounds gross, but once it's sprayed after an hour you can't smell it... but they can.

babys-first-easter01.gif  babys-second-easter1.gif

Stefanie~ Mom to Irish Twins Liam (7/07) and Molly (06/08)
kittygurl1234
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

try putting chicken wire around your plants under a little bit of dirt.

Dance Puppet Dance

crazybeat.gif dancing puppet image by keroppi_3000

exceptalilfish
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

we used cayanne pepper to stop digging

mitch576
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM

moth balls? right outside the beds to deter the dog

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

PoniiGurl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

The chicken wire, laid down on top of the ground allows the plants to come up but the dogs not to get there little paws into the earth. or in my case, their big paws. Also, marigolds are not very expensive and they work very well keeping animals of all types out of the garden, I also heard they are good for mosquito control.

Christina9801
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quoting PoniiGurl:

The chicken wire, laid down on top of the ground allows the plants to come up but the dogs not to get there little paws into the earth. or in my case, their big paws. Also, marigolds are not very expensive and they work very well keeping animals of all types out of the garden, I also heard they are good for mosquito control.

They can be when you have big flowerbeds. LOL But I think I may give them a try, I actually love them. I think they are pretty and brighten up the bed. Thanks everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)