Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHOW IN HER? settle argument for me

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 21 Replies

Do you think our dog is part chow chow? My man says yes I say no. We were told she was lab shepard mix the man says chow. What do you think? Lots of pics for you to see

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonfly24
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM

does she have any black on her tounge or mouth? thats a pretty dominate trait in chows, I think the only other breed that has black mouths, tounges are anatolian shepards. I don't see chow with the pix.

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

BryNRaesmom

That dog does not look like it has any chow in it. Remember chows also have black/dark purple tongues.

Carolbrady100

I dont see any chow in her, she looks like a lab

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Not a single spec spot or dot of black or purple pure pink

Quoting dragonfly24:

does she have any black on her tounge or mouth? thats a pretty dominate trait in chows, I think the only other breed that has black mouths, tounges are anatolian shepards. I don't see chow with the pix.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I don't see any Chow in her. The tail and tongue are usually big give-aways, and hers look fine.

thisloveofmine
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM

This is my SO's old dog, it's his sisters now. I don't think your dog looks part chow but I know Rascal does! They don't know what he is but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say he's got some chow in him.

mstnbecki

she looks just like my full yellow lab but she oes look like she might have a little shepard in her,and liek the others say check her mouth if she has ANY chow she will have some purple on her tongue

gypsydancer7

i def see the lab and shepard but i also see the chow big time...Ive worked with dogs a LONG time

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." --Einstein, Albert

NattysMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Quoting BryNRaesmom:

That dog does not look like it has any chow in it. Remember chows also have black/dark purple tongues.

dragonfly24
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Then she is not part chow.

Quoting mamafor6:

Not a single spec spot or dot of black or purple pure pink

Quoting dragonfly24:

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)