Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

job idea's

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

so I'm trying to help my friend find a job, fun right...  well this is turning out to be more difficult then I thought.  she has two kids at home right now a  3 year old and a 4 month old, her two daughter from a previous marriage are supposed to be moving up her to MN to live with her at the end of may. She does not have a licence yet, her DH is working but not for much longer, he already took a paycut and he could get laid off any day.  they cant afford daycare either so I have been trying to find someplace were she work were she can bring her two kids like a daycare center or something at home. she does not have the Internet and even if they could afford it their computers are so old that it would probably blow up if they tried to connect to the Internet. So does anybody have any suggestions or idea's on what she could do for work.  I'm running our of idea's and so is she, her house is pretty tiny so doing  in home daycare is going to be hard plus she don't have a daycare licence.

Nicole
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wiener
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM

bump

Nicole
Nykkii
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM

You don't need a license in most states to watch just one or two kids.  Actually, if DH lost his job, with another adult in the house, she could then pick up 1 or 2 more kids. That shouldnt be too bad in the summer in a tiny house.  They could be outside a lot.  What state are you in? 

Is there a head start program she could get the kids into?  What about state paid daycare?  She could apply at least.  If she doesn't work then she should qualify, especially if DH just took a paycut. 

What about family babysitting?  Is there anyone that could help her with that?  Or what hours does hubby work?   Can she work a night job maybe? 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/cookingmamas

wiener
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Quoting Nykkii:

You don't need a license in most states to watch just one or two kids.  Actually, if DH lost his job, with another adult in the house, she could then pick up 1 or 2 more kids. That shouldnt be too bad in the summer in a tiny house.  They could be outside a lot.  What state are you in?  MN

Is there a head start program she could get the kids into?  What about state paid daycare?  She could apply at least.  If she doesn't work then she should qualify, especially if DH just took a paycut.  here is MN the kids have to be a certain age to start head state and its very hard to get into, there is a long waiting list

What about family babysitting?  Is there anyone that could help her with that?  Or what hours does hubby work?   Can she work a night job maybe?   She has no family in MN there all down south, her DH family dont have any other kids as well, her hubby is currently working 6am to  4pm about 2 hours away from home 4 days a week, then he is getting a second job to help pay the bills.  Her DH does not get home till almost 7pm most nights so it's really hard to find a job were she can start after 7pm, plus with no licence or a car that even runs safley, she has to find somthing within walking distance. 

i just feel so bad for her and her family, they cant get a break everyday things keep on getting worse, they might lose thier house and the only people who would take them in in me and my DH but we have done that before and we wont do it agian it was not worth the trouble if you know what I mean

Nicole
krya83082
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Thats a tough situation. I keep thinking avon and stuff like that. But, if she does find a out of the house job, she may qualify for child care assistance. I wish I could be more help

Mommy2519
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM

what about working at a daycare? some around here let kids go their for free

and what about like a gym? sometimes they have a daycare spot in their hope this helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)