• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 years old! Stolen Car! SOOO lucky to be alive!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I live in a very small CT town. Nothing ever happens here other then the random high school party broken up for a noise violation. well my mom calls me and tells me to turn on the news this morning and this is what I saw! I couldn't believe it! one of the boys in the backseat is the son of a very good family friend. My dad had to call him to tell him that his son was being taken by lifestar to the hospital! (My dad is the chief of the fire deptartment)  The news doesn't say much but it was 2 boys and a girl all 14 years old. They are all in the hospital but will all be ok.  It took them over 2 hours using the jaws of life to get the boy out of the car.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/statewire/hc-ap-ct-teens-crashapr08,0,5060459.story

here are pictures of the car...they are so lucky!!

http://www.courant.com/community/news/fv/hc-simsbury-car-crash-0408-pg,0,7550698.photogallery

baseball                                                baby gift
   Matthew Dylan 3/9/05                                      Makayla Anne 2/27/09

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcphersonkj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM

WOW, how did they survive?

CarlaD
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM

talk about a miracle they survived!!!

NESmith63
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Quoting CarlaD:

talk about a miracle they survived!!!

seriously!! They must have had an Angel!

sagi6666
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Somebody was looking out for them from up above...How did they get the keys? I always keep my keys on a clip and clipped to my jeans, at night I keep them at my bedside and we have a lock on our bedroom door we lock everynight we go to sleep...

NESmith63
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

They havn't said anything about the car except that they stole it. My dad said it was stolen from a house on the same street as one of the kids lived. This is a very small trusting town...most people don't lock their doors at night. I have lived her for 24 years and there have been MAYBE 5 news stories here. Just a stolen car without the 8th graders and the crash would have been huge news for this town!

Quoting sagi6666:

Somebody was looking out for them from up above...How did they get the keys? I always keep my keys on a clip and clipped to my jeans, at night I keep them at my bedside and we have a lock on our bedroom door we lock everynight we go to sleep...

Jessica_Izzy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM

wow that gave me goose bumps.  Had to be a guardian angel.  It looks like there is no way anyone would have survived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)