• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a mean mommy??? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 65 Replies

I made all my kids (even the daycare ones) eat their sandwiches before they can have a cookie!!!  One of the moms told me that I was mean!!!  What makes you a mean mommy???

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnw222
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM

That doesn't make a mean mommy that's for sure. 

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I don't let my 14 yr old wear make-up.

But I DID let her get her lip pierced, so I'm not sure what kind of mom that makes me ;)

sxwalke
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Oh.....I am a bitch.  Lol...I am very strict   :)    My moms (who was super strict when I was growing up) says that coming over to my house is like boot camp     lol....everywhere I go though I get comments on how well behaved my kids are     :)   

Ethansmom85
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM

you may be mean, but at least youre not stupid.

BoxerMomma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM

My kids must finish their meal or no dessert!  I make their portions according to their age.  If they are hungry enough for dessert then they are hungry enough to finish their meal!  My youngest calls me the meanest mom ever but it is usually when she doesn't get third or fourth portions of dessert!

melaniecerise
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM
I actually discipline my children when they misbehave unlike other moms who let their children run wild and be obnoxious brats. They let them do whatever they want.
Vandyswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

LOL, my 4 week old does not like to cuddle or be pt to sleep you have to lay her down and she will fall right to sleep..

well my mom says thats mean.. Courtney doesnt cry or anything.. shes "talks" to herself and goes right to sleep..

Amberwavessss

When my 5 year old is at the dinner table WHINING her head off, I send her to her room.  She thinks it's mean but who wants to eat with an obnoxious dinner companion, child or not?

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

If being a mean mommy means that I discipline my children when necessary and teach my children manners and right from wrong, then I guess I am a mean mommy and happy to be one!

cjsmom0206

I don't think I'm a mean mommy, maybe a little strict with my expectations. I do not make them finish their meals in order to get dessert, they just have to make a valient effort. My children a pretty well behaved, maybe that's why I don't have to harp on them too much or be too mean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)