• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines? Help!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

wth? it all started about 4 days ago and i cant get rid of this damn headache! nothing works. well all i have is Excedrin but it usually does the trick if i take it as soon as it starts. now im even wondering if it is a migraine ive never been diagnosed w/them i just assumed.
this is how it all starts.....before my head even starts to hurt i cant see straight like you know when you see 'stars' or little spots thats what its like but its like lines. i know weird lol. then my vision gets all blurry and i cant see crap i can see but not focus on anything then all that goes away and my head starts hurting Bad. it still hurts today not really bad like it was but im super sensitive to sounds and light. and being on the computer which i always am doesn't help. it takes forever to read something lol.  im just wondering does this sound like migraines or something else? what happens when you get them? im thinking maybe stress?  i have a appt w/my ob dr on may 18th i think it is im gonna ask her but til then idk what to do.

oh i forgot to add...i Always get headaches when im tired or lack of caffeine but as soon as i nap or get a good nights sleep or down some soda im ok. not headaches like this though.

Kaleb 1-8-08

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Go to a prompt-care and get an Imitrix (or something similar) shot. It'll help! They'll probably give you a prescription for some, because it definitely sounds like migraines. But you should see a doc if you've never had them before, and it's getting bad.

Dayija
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Yeah...sounds like migraines to me. All of what you described is exactly what I go through when I have one...It was almost down to a "T" that I felt the same pains again LOL. I've had migraines since I was ten and now that I'm twenty-one they've gotten better. I use to have them three or four times a month. 

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics

Rene04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

sounds like a migraine to me.  I have been on imitrex for mine for a while now.  My quick fix it necessary is excedrin migraine and a mountain dew because the caffeine does something for the blood flow. 

momcat437
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I should try this!  I can't take Imitrex, and the Excedrin doesn't always work...

Quoting Rene04:

sounds like a migraine to me.  I have been on imitrex for mine for a while now.  My quick fix it necessary is excedrin migraine and a mountain dew because the caffeine does something for the blood flow. 

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

mommywillU
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I doubt it's a migraine. To me, it sounds like a tension headache and they can be just as painful. I think there is another term the doctor has used and it's called cluster headaches but they can be as painful as a migraine. There could be a lot of explainations for it though. The first thing that comes to my mind is to have your eyes checked. If you're on the computer a lot and seeing spots, blurry, it may be time for glasses, or if you allready have them, to get them checked again. If you've been under a lot of stress and have high blood pressure that can cause the vision issues as well as the headaches. I posted something else about blood pressure, but high bp can cause a lot of different problems. You might go to Wal-Mart or somewhere and have use one of those machines to have it checked. They aren't always accurate, but it can give you an idea of where you're at.

niksmommy3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM

the 1st time i ever got one was when my youngest was a little less then a year old. hes 5 now lol. i remember it like yesterday i was at work and totally freaking out because all of a sudden i could not see. everyone was blury i was a cashier and couldnt even push the right buttons lmao! i told my boss i was going to his office to sit down. then i finally went home to bed. maybe since then the past 4 yrs ive had maybe 20-30 of them i dont know. didnt really keep track.

Quoting msmoody:

Go to a prompt-care and get an Imitrix (or something similar) shot. It'll help! They'll probably give you a prescription for some, because it definitely sounds like migraines. But you should see a doc if you've never had them before, and it's getting bad.

Kaleb 1-8-08

mommywillU
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM

If it is a true migraine, the Imitrix should work. If it's not, the migraine medicine won't work. This is what our doctor told us.

mom27g
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I get hormonal migraines, like the week before my monthly friend. I have found that if I drink a glass of soy milk everyday I do not get them. Not sure if this is what you are going through, but if so soy might help :)

Pam
Mom to 2 boys, wife to a wonderful husband 

Group Owner - Marraige Under God
http://www.cafemom.com/group/21411

Group Admin - Christian Mom's Bible Study Group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/14804
Group Admin - Mommies4Jesus
http://www.cafemom.com/group/52273

mommydearest236
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I have suffered migraines for a LONG time now (I'm 39!) and it sounds definitely like a migraine, which could be triggered by stress, allergies (even simple changes in the weather), and/or your monthly cycle...  If i take a pill, it's definitely Imitrex, if it's aallergies, I take a zyrtec, which you used to have to have prescription for, but you can now buy at Walmart, or my favorite and simplest home remedy is believe it or not, simply eating a GREEN apple!  A nice long hot shower may help too - or just be nice to have - lol!  But the GREEN APPLES work miracles!

niksmommy3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM

my eyes are good. i do have glasses but just for driving because i cant see far far away which i never wear them anyways. i dont see spots (the lines) because of being on the computer just before the headache starts then they go away. its hard to read the screen because my head hurts. i dont know how to explain it, it just seems like everything i look at is blurry not just the screen. does that even make sense lol.

Quoting mommywillU:

I doubt it's a migraine. To me, it sounds like a tension headache and they can be just as painful. I think there is another term the doctor has used and it's called cluster headaches but they can be as painful as a migraine. There could be a lot of explainations for it though. The first thing that comes to my mind is to have your eyes checked. If you're on the computer a lot and seeing spots, blurry, it may be time for glasses, or if you allready have them, to get them checked again. If you've been under a lot of stress and have high blood pressure that can cause the vision issues as well as the headaches. I posted something else about blood pressure, but high bp can cause a lot of different problems. You might go to Wal-Mart or somewhere and have use one of those machines to have it checked. They aren't always accurate, but it can give you an idea of where you're at.

Kaleb 1-8-08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)