• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the one thing you remember as a child that....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM
  • 31 Replies

you laugh about it now...

I had to be about 4-5 years old and I wanted to bake something.. So I took this huge plastic bowl out of the cubboard filled it with water and put it in the oven.. My mom who was in the living room came flying out once she smelled the plastic burning.. I can still hear my mom... What were you doing ?? I wanted to make you something...She didn't do anything after i said that..

here's another one.. I was only 3.. I walked down the street throwing empty glass coke bottles in the road.. It sounded so pretty when they smashed.. My god parents lived across the street so that's why I was outside.. Anyways, I got my butt paddled all the way up home.. Yup... I deserved it...

Jeanine

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jandyrodax
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I was about 5 or 6 and my Grandpa was baby sitting my sister and I.  He went to my parents bedroom to change my sister's diaper because that was where her changing table was.  I didn't want Grandpa to change my sister's diaper so I took the baby powder bottle and shook it all over the entire bedroom until it was empty.  Yes, I was jealous of my sister, and, yes, I got into big trouble. LOL!

rag_dollmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I chopped my Ken's feet; my mom was sooo mad..when she asked me why I told her I wanted him to wear barbie's shoes :)

mitch576
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

i was 3....when i noticed our cat "momma cat" had an extra fold of skin at the top of her ear.

i wanted to be a vet...even at 3.....so i "fixed" it

i took a pair of toenail clippers and some string.

some how i tangled the cat in the string....then chopped off the top of it's ear witht he clippers.

i thought i was fixing the cat... i really did.

funny thing about cats is this... they don't forgive.

from the day i clipped the cat's ear.... until the day it died when i was 9...

if i turned my back, momma cat would jump on my back and bite my neck! lol

god rest momma cat... i still feel bad.

even though the whole family laughs to this day.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Nykkii
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I remember being probably 3 years old and not wanting my mommy to go to work.  When she dropped me off at daycare, I cried and was all dramatic about staying with her.  It didn't work but I just think it's funny that I was scheming like that at 3. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/cookingmamas

DeTora_Family
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I was about three years old when my mom put me in a pair of Osh Kosh overalls.  They had a zippered fly and I asked her what it was for.  She told me it was for boys to pee out of so they didn't have to take them off.  Well, being a stubborn little girl who thought she could do everything boys could do, I tried to use it.  Needless to say, I got a change of clothes and an explanation of the difference between how boys and girls pee.

laughing

I'm a green, NestlĂ©-boycotting, attachment-parenting, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-cry-it-out, baby/toddler-wearing, cloth-diapering, early toilet-teaching, extended breastfeeding, delayed vaccinating, non-spanking, hot-tempered, Irish-Brazilian Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino.  You don't have to agree, but that's me.  Nice to meet you :)

cnw222
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Well, similar to your first story, I wanted to cook my little brother something to eat (since he was begging and my dad was sleep and mom was at work).  I tried making him mashed potatoes in an electric skillet of all things and changed my mind after the water started to boil..Well i took the pan over to the sink to dump it and it all fell right back onto me..talk about pain.  So of course I end up in the hospital for a week and a day, and I have to have whirlpool baths to remove the deadskin.  My mom told me (and I vaguely remember) that the first night when I had my bath, I hopped out the tub and ran naked down the hall because the water was too hot..I'll never forget it..LOL.

mrsmilfy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM

one I laugh at...

we broke a chair and put it back at the computer desk...later on that evening my mom went to sit down at the computer to check her e-mails and we heard a big crash...she fell obviously...me and my sisters laughed so hard...my mom was soo pissed at us. We felt bad, but that shit was sooo funny!

bookwriter4kids
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

When i was about 4 my mom bought me an easy bake oven...I guess b/c I wouldn't stay out of her way when she was cooking.  Anyway I used to make those little cakes for my dad to eat when he'd get home from work.  Despite the MOUNDS of frosting and EVERY decoration I could find he ate it anyway and always told me how good it was.  I guess thats why I still love to cook today. 

bookwriter4kids
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I keep trying to reply, but it wont post 

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 PM

There was a day that my parents were having a party and my mom got all of us kids dressed up and put me in a beautiful yellow dress.  She had gone into the bathroom to get ready and I went in there to talk to her and was not paying attention and went to sit on the toliet thinking the top was down and ended up falling in the toilet and getting soaked!  My mother lost it laughing and I started crying because my dress was "ruined"...My mom was able to wash and dry it thankfully before people arrived!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)