• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccines I want to hear your take.....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

I want to start by saying this post isn't about stirring up trouble. I am just curious.

I am really torn when it comes to vaccines. With my other two children I didn't give it any thought. I just that that it was required and didnt ever hear of anything bad from them. Cafemom was the first time i heard any of these scarey stories and my new baby has been getting his however i get this pit in my stomach.  Each and every shot he has received has been late because I chicken out. He is almost 9 months now and still hasnt got his 6 months shots because it really scares the crap out of me but another part of me says he needs it, it has to be done. I feel like if he doesnt get them he will get sick but if he does get them he could also get sick and die.  I most likely will take him for his shots before the week is up but I hate it. I hate that i am scared even though I have two other healthy children who werent affected by them.

I hate sitting in the middle on this and i hate that I cant trust doctors anymore. I used to blindly listen to docs and trusted everything they said when it came to my family and come to find out alot of times they were just pushing things and information for money.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaciR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Seriously, don't get your answer from here. It's a personal decision and CM should have nothing to do with it.

As for a personal take, I'm not exposing my children to anymroe vaccines. And haven't been for 5 years. And some of them I didn't do at all.

heidi1439
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM

i strongly encourage you (if you dont already) to be selective about the vaccines on the schedule. the schedule has grown even larger since i had dd, and she is only six. i stopped vaxing her after an adverse reaction to god knows which shot because they gave her so many that day. if i ever did decide to vaccinate again, (which i doubt i will) i would not do more than one at a time

Havahsmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I at first was very against vaccines.  If you look up the ingredients you'll see why.  However my daughter (and I had nothing to do with this) was fully vaccinated.  Poor little girl is sick all the time.  She also has upper respiratory stuff.  So with my son I decided instead of no vaccines to do selective.  I have only given him his Dtap Prevnar and Hib.  I might give him a polio shot but I'm still hem hawing.  It's a choice.  I don't know if it has anything to do with it but shortly after my son got his first set of shots he ended up in the hospital with Bronchilites and he recently got his next set and I noticed some wheezing going on.  So it could be coincidence or it  could be related.  Follow your gut

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I fully vaccinate my children. I work in the health care field and it really scares me to think what I could bring home to them. But honestly like the first mom said, you can not get your answers here. And unfornatuely, you can not get information that is not biased. I do hope you find your answers as you are the only one that can answer that question for you and your children.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Agreed, this site is not great for advice anymore!!!

Quoting LaciR:

Seriously, don't get your answer from here. It's a personal decision and CM should have nothing to do with it.

livingonmyknees
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM

well first of all, you are probably going to get a bunch of different views on this topic. I would encourage you not to let anyone else tell you what is best for your own children. I encourage you to do the research for yourself & then come to a conclusion that you feel is best for your kids. You are their mother & only you can make that choice.

As for me personally, I am still not sure on what I will do with my little girl. As of right now, we are delaying & will be selectively vaccinating when she does actually receive them.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

Hrivera5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I had a hard time deciding to vaccinate my son. I talked to a bunch of people, on this site, and in my real life.  I decided after reading and talking a BUNCH to vaccinate my children.  They are both up to date now.  Get out there, talk to different people, make your own decision.  I know how hard it can be.

LWRIGHT13
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

My children are fully vaccinated, we work with our pediatrician and delay some of them but we do them all.  Really its a personal choice and there are valid points on either side. Good Luck deciding.

busybeemom820
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

you need to make choice for your self. If you feel better not getting them done then you go for it. I did my girls and I feel like it was a right choice. I was worried about what the other children could bring to her. We travel alot and I thought that it would be good to have them on the safe side of things.

anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM

While you cannot trust someone elses opinion, you can research for yourself. Look into the vaccines, diseases and natural health. Don't do anything until you are comfortable with your decision. Best wishes to you and your little one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)