Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Myrtle Beach anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

Dh and I are trying to plan a mini vacation for our 5th year anniversary in June. I don't want to go any place that is boring. He mentioned Virginia Beach but we have been there so many times. Has anyone ever gone to Myrtle Beach? What is there to do? How did you like it?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM

wave

Hi,

If you'd like to find CafeMom members in your area, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - Find Moms In Your Area - Click Here!.

Hope that helps!

< The Cafe Group Admin Team

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I absolutely love Myrtle Beach. Besides the beach there are tons of Seaside shops. They have a Hard Rock cafe, an outdoor shopping center. It's so much fun and relaxing.

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Going in June.. taking my daughter for her First birthday.. My parents go and stay at the hilton they say its nice.. I'm excited can't wait it'll be my first time!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

reesemom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Hi, I am from NC and I go to Myrtle Beach every year. I would love to go to Virginia beach cause I have never been. There are water parks, you can go parasailing which I did. There used to be a theme park but it is closed now, I think they still have a small one. There is alot of minitare golf courses too.

youngmamma11
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

We used to go to myrtle beach every summer. I love it. It can be over crowded..but there is a lot to do. June is usually when most beach weeks are and that will mean alot of high school graduates.. ( i was one of them back in 06 ).. but its still great.. You should have a great time.

BrandonsMom1000
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM

We go to Myrtle Beach, at least once a year.  My kids love it.  There is tons of stuff to do, for adults and kids.  There is putt putt, shopping, walking along the shopping strip.  There is a great restaurant on the strip on the bottom floor of Peaches Hot Dogs.  I believe it is called Oceanside grill.  It has amazing hot dogs and burgers.

rysarivers
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM

If its just you and your hubby then i think you'd have fun. If you are bringing kids there is Kure Beach a little further north, you might have to look up fort fisher NC online to find it, but it is a lot more family friendly, they have a nice aquarium, it has a more casual family feel to it.

EDIT: here's a link i found http://www.visitkure.com/ .

They also have a part where if you have 4 wheel drive you can pay like $10 and get an all day pass and you drive all the way up and park on the beach :)

mnmsmom2008
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I went twice and had a lot of fun.  We went to Ripley's believe it or not, the restaurant where the waiter/ress' are purposely mean to you (cna't remember the name of it), miniature golf, roller coaster, bungi jumping, lots of the little tourist shops.  That was about 10 years ago so I don't know if all of that is exactly the same.  Oh we went to Medieval Times too that was neat.

eddysmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:39 PM

bump i want to know also. i have heard that the sand is dark and the water is also. we go to destin in fl. and the sand is blinding white and the water is crystal clear.

nurbabe82
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Thankyou ladies. I wanted to go some place we have never been before.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)