Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

Why is it that people blame the president for everything? Doesn't matter which president or who it is, just blame him for everything like he has the unltimate power in the universe. Do people really believe he has that much power?

Note: there is no point bringing up Bush Clinton or Obama because that has nothing to do with this post, there is not a president in history that has not been blamed for the fate of the world at some point or another. (Well except the one who was only in office one day he might have escaped it)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Because he's the manager.

When someone fucks up your order, it ultimately falls on the manager's shoulders, even though he was nowhere near the grill.

It's a conveinent way to not take any personal responsibility for your actions.

stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM

So, it really is just to have a scape goat.

Quoting msmoody:

When someone fucks up your order, it ultimately falls on the manager's shoulders, even though he was nowhere near the grill.

It's a conveinent way to not take any personal responsibility for your actions.

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Why blame the president for everything? Probably because the house and the Senate are basically making our laws. Our president can agree and sign the bill into law, or veto it. With the possibily of the House & Senate over-riding his veto with a vote on the bill. He is our chosen leader, and must face us with the news, good or bad. So what do we do?Kick the messenger ! I think things are changing for the better now. With all of our tech. to communicate faster, we don't have to rely on the biased opinions of the media for information.

afallingstar741
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM

People will complain no matter what. What bothers me is when people complain about the president, and they didn't vote. And while I'm on the subject.....people that bitch and whine about the military, but then make the statement " I WOULD never join..."

(I'm a Navy VET)

mitch576
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM

as the rule goes in the medical field....

shit slides UP HILL.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

strongmom40
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:47 PM

It is the people that don't know nothing that do it !! LOL. [ get it double negative.] Kinda like when my 15 year old son blames me when he looses his wallet in his own bedroom.

LaurenCrise
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Quoting msmoody:

It's a convenient way to not take any personal responsibility for your actions.

You said it perfectly!

lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM

because he's the face of the government.  he is the public representative of the highest office in government, and he has the power to influence major laws and decisions.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM

LOL

Quoting strongmom40:

It is the people that don't know nothing that do it !! LOL. [ get it double negative.] Kinda like when my 15 year old son blames me when he looses his wallet in his own bedroom.

mrs.c123
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

alot of people dont really educate themselves as far as how our government is run, and who has "the power", i dont blame th president for everything, because in all actuality hes only 1/3 of the vote and he has to go through congress anyway before trying to pass any legislation. i think its also because the president is the "front man" to the whole thing, and when shit goes sour, hes the first to be looked at for "doing it". i always try to look and the whole picture before i try to sum it all up...but thats just me. i understand what your trying to get at op.

Mommy to Taryn a BUSY LITTLE 3 YEAR OLD BOY and WIfe to MY HOT ARMY SOLDIER!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)