• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do ? About changing school's .

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter is currently in Kindergarten she goes to a school called st Mark's its a Catholic CharterSchool. The other one is as well. and she loves it very much. She has learned so much at this school since she is only in half day kinder. Ok well we are buying a house that is I would say 3 to 4 miles from the school. There is a school right across the way from where we buying. Its walking distance. It pretty much is the same thing but non of her friends would be there etc... Would you change her school for 1st grade or keep her where she is at? Here current school told me she is more the welcome to stay. She wants to stay at St Mark's but I just don't know if it would be worth the trouble.Also both school have about the same test score math and reading around 98 to 100 percent in most grades. Can someone give me some advice thanks :)

"Mommy I look like a Angel " My 6 yr old daughter Aliyah

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I think it would depend on how well she does with change. If she adjusts well I would go ahead and transfer her as she will be able to make new friends at the new school.

MrsArnett
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I think it would depend on how well she does with change. If she adjusts well I would go ahead and transfer her as she will be able to make new friends at the new school.

She does very well. I asked her and of course she wants to stay at St Mark's I just dont know lol . My husband told me to decide

heartsandskulls
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM

its up to you. changing schools now wouldnt be a big problem, if your daughter is friendly and social she wont have any problem making new friends.

pregnancy week by week
judith106
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Im just thinking that if you transfer her she can make friends in the new

nieborhood, and also when shes older she can walk to school with her friends

momcat437
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Kids adjust really easily (usually)--I would change her school.  We did that with my son--it was a dumb situation.  We bought a house in a great school district, and enrolled him in kindergarten--then two weeks after he started, the school tells us that there's not enough room for him (???), so he had to go to K. at another school (which he actually loved, anyway)--then when he hit first grade, he went back to the original school.  We thought real hard about leaving him at that second school, but that would have defeated the purpose of moving near the other school--anyway, he did great at the first school when he went back! 

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

nbrown74
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I think I would changed her schools because she will make new friends in the area and have kids to play with when she is at home.

MrsArnett
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM

bump

4LifeTupperware
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM
I would move her to the school near you house. It will be easier down the line, kids make friends easy and if the school's test the same or close then I wouldn't worry over it. It will be nice to be able to walk with her to school sometimes, and not always have to drive.

Melanie, Wife for 15 years and a Mom, to 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 14 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 14 months old "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

MarchMarie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:12 PM

If it doesnt bother you either way why dont you let her decide which school she would like to go to. Help her choose of course, make a list of pros and cons, talk about making new friends and then let her choose. As long as you are okay with it that is.

MarchMarie
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Quoting MrsArnett:

My daughter is currently in Kindergarten she goes to a school called st Mark's its a Catholic CharterSchool. The other one is as well. and she loves it very much. She has learned so much at this school since she is only in half day kinder. Ok well we are buying a house that is I would say 3 to 4 miles from the school. There is a school right across the way from where we buying. Its walking distance. It pretty much is the same thing but non of her friends would be there etc... Would you change her school for 1st grade or keep her where she is at? Here current school told me she is more the welcome to stay. She wants to stay at St Mark's but I just don't know if it would be worth the trouble.Also both school have about the same test score math and reading around 98 to 100 percent in most grades. Can someone give me some advice thanks :)

OOPs didnt see that part... hmm... I would change her schools then, better now (well begining of 1st grade) than later on when it does becaome a hassle I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)