Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, that's not quite the workout I planned on for today! :(

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

GRRRRR.  My 2 year old is driving me batty!  After lunch I allowed him and my homeschooled 9 year old to go out for "recess" and play in the driveway.  I was RIGHT there.  When it was time to come in he threw a holy fit and ran the opposite direction. 

So, I started powerwalking after him - we have a good size yard and he was heading across it to the neighbor's yard.  I knew if I ran just a bit I could catch him...but I didn't.  Mistake number 1. 

Next thing I know he kicks it into full speed and turns to the right and out into the street!  So, now I start running to grab him, yelling at him to stop...and he starts screaming bloody murder - like I'm going to kill him or something!  Keep in mind we don't even spank - so the worst he would get is yelled at and put to bed for naptime, and he knows it.

Never underestimate the speed of a 2 1/2 year old - mistake #2.

So, here I am chasing my toddler down the hill in the middle of the road with him screaming like a banshee.  I finally caught him...took him into the house...and now he's screaming in his bedroom for timeout/nap time...but what a sight that must have been!!!!

Ah...so that was my workout for the day I guess!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momcat437
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM

That's one hell of a workout---if it were my kid, he'd better pray that I DIDN'T catch him!!  : )

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

hickory
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I know!  I just couldn't believe he took off like that!  Even my DOG stayed in our yard!!  (and NO I'm not equating my kid to a dog - just amazed that he KNOWS the boundaries and crossed them).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)