Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big boy bed????????????

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so we just put our almost two year old in a big boy bed and some nights he sleeps all night threw, and then most of the others nights he wakes up and cries at the door for us to come and get him.. so my question is how do you mammas keep your big boys sleeping in there bed all night long with out getting up in the middle of the night or early early mornings? or do i just need to give it more time for him to adjust? 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
GILMOREFAN2001
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM

He just needs time to adjust. With my DS, we had to keep putting him back into his bed. It only took about a week and a half before he stopped climbing out to get in bed with us. Just give him sometime. I know its hard, but he will adjust. :) 

pregnancy due date
baby development
Am17
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:46 PM

DS stays in his bed except hes a bit older( 2 and a half) and hes only been in it for a month or so, so idk

EL2boys4me
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM
my almost-2-year-old has been in his for a little over a month now. we put a gate in the hallway between our room and his room so he can't get to us, but usually he's asleep before he gets to the door, haha. just keep putting him in his bed - don't talk, just lay him in bed, kiss on the cheek, and walk out.
Phenomemom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM

You just have to keep putting him back in bed, a la Super Nanny.

ottosmommy06
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Give it time. My son kept getting up to play with his toys in the middle of the night. Especially if he could hear my hubby and I talking or watching TV in our bedroom that is right across from his. So I had to take drastic measures. I took ALL his toys out of his room and just left his train table but no trains no nothing and told him that if he stayed in bed that he would get his toys back in the morning. It worked. I did it for a week and he stayed in bed. Every morning he would get his toys back and he was so proud and so happy. Its been over 6 months now and I have absolutely no problems keeping him in bed. It does take time though. Dont get me wrong, we have an occasional bad night once in a while but nothing like before. He understands its his bed and he needs to stay there. My hubby and I also hang out in our "brand new den" until our son is asleep that way we dont keep him up with our noise. You'll find what works for you. Good luck hon! Take care.
Free BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM

My first idea is that your son might be over- tired before bedtime. Have you noticed, what was his day like before his nights of waking up? Maybe there was something that scared him during the day. Give it time, he just needs a reminder to go use the toilet and get back in his bed.

mom0f2boyz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I am doing the same thing with my 18 month old, he is in a toddler bed, in the room with his oldest brother, but we are catching it. Sometimes he will sleep all night in it, others he wont even look at it, we are trying to get him used to it before the baby comes. I hope it doesnt take much longer. Good luck with your little one

new baby
Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

My son went from crib to full size bed and I never had an adjustment problem. He never got out of bed in the middle of the might unless it was to go to the bathroom. But here's a bump.

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)