Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating paper...?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

my toddler loves to eat paper....mostly books.  even if i put food in front of her, she'll start eating a book.  i don't know if its bad for her, but i know its bad for the books....lol.  anyone know if theres a way i can get her to stop?

this is her typical destruction:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I wish I knew. My son goes right for the binding. Ugh.

mom0f2boyz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM

LOL..so not funny but I thought it was only my little one was like that. He is 18 months old, and eats EVERYTHING made out of paper, I used to think something was wrong with him,but he is perfectly ok, I guess its just a phase. I know it is so gross, but he used to take toilet paper and dip it in the toilet and eat it. I was so scared for his health, luckily he is okay, and doesnt do that anymore, he still loves paper tho.

new baby
smadar
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Have his iron checked. Sounds like he might have low iron or an iron deficency. Google it, seriously.

If not he may just like to eat paper. 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Toddler Moms
All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

AMarineLovesMe
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

DS loves paper and his foam alphabet puzzle lol.  Oh, and markers - thankfully they're non toxic.  SS decided to eat dirt all the time and one time ended up eating dog poo LMAO it was soooooooo gross and he freaked out!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)