Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honey Graham Crackers?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

OK I know infants under 1 shouldn't have honey but can they have honey graham crackers?  My son is 10months and we just got an Easter basket in the mail from my father and his wife.  Can my son eat the graham crackers that are in the basket?  He is on table foods and has 6 teeth so I know he would be fine eating something like that but I just don't know if he can eat if because they are honey graham crackers.  So can he eat the honey graham crackers?  Or should I save those for myself?  :)

TIA

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM

yep, it is fine... honey nut cheerios or anything processed with honey in it has killed the spores that make it dangerous raw 

Becky

heartsandskulls
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM

we had this issue before lol. and got to different answers. the lady at the wic office told me NO HE CANT HAVE THOSE EVER AGAIN!!!!!! SWITCH TO REGULAR OR CINNAMON RIGHT NOW!!!! and my doctor said as long as he isnt eating a box aday they are fine.

pregnancy week by week

cypris420
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM

From what I've read, it should be ok to give it to your baby, but the Clostridium botulinum, botulism bacteria, are not always killed by pasteurization or cooking.  So personally, I would err to the side of caution. 

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

They can't eat regular honey in a jar, but they can eat things that are made with  honey, such as the graham crackers and honey nut cheerios. I asked my DD doctor because the bread we ate had honey and she said just not regular honey that  other stuff was fine.

lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

babies just can't have the gooey honey...but they can have honey-flavored stuff.  i asked my pediatrician.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

25beengoodtome

Good news! kids have been eating them over 30 years! LOL !

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

yep, it is fine... honey nut cheerios or anything processed with honey in it has killed the spores that make it dangerous raw 

beth1102

hell be fine. its just actual honey they cant have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)