Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to be a good best friend...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

My best friend started dating this guy she's been talking to on the Internet for the past 5 months or so (yes, they are boyfriend and girlfriend). She has never met this guy in person because he lives all the way in California! But she swears that it's magic and he is the one. He tells her how much he wants her in his life, for the rest of his life and she is just head over hills for this guy. I don't trust him, just like I didn't trust the other ones.

On the one hand. That's my best friend and I couldn't be more happy for her if this is the real thing. I would hate for her to end up alone because she said that's the last thing she wants. But on the other hand, WTF!?! Get a grip Girl! You've NEVER met this guy and you're talking about forever? Really? The last internet relationships you've had, you swore it was going to work and their asses never called you again after they met you for the first time.

She's better than that and it makes me upset that she puts all her heart into these Internet relationships before she even meets these guys!

I am totally being supportive and I would never crush her spirit by telling her what's really on my mind but am I wrong to even think it?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
theskillfactor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I would maybe support her through this relationship, and if he doesn't call her back then wait for her to get over it, and when she goes back to the computer remind her of how all the other ones ended up. Tell her that she can find a man in REAL life.

Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Anyone else? Please.

bump

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I live in NJ and my bff MOVED in with a guy from the internet. *sigh* it's hard but all you can do is be ther for them before, through it all and after if necessary. 

Edit = the reason I said in NJ is because she left to another state with him. Man I miss her =( lol.

Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I don't see her moving in with him. She has two kids and she said that she wanted them to finish school before she decided to move anywhere. I really hope that he's not bullshitting her. I would hate to see her hurt again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)