Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hands swelling in the cold?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, my 1 1/2 year old was out side playing yesterday, for about an hour and a half. It was about 45-50 degrees outside. When I brought him in, his hands were swollen to about double the size they normally are. Once he warmed up, was inside for about an hour, his hands were back to normal. Any body had their kids have this happen? I've heard of cold intolerance, but never seen it.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calcalmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM

bump

suhweet1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM

That's odd, I was going to say maybe he got stung by a bee or something but since the swelling went down i really don't know but here is a bump for ya! bump

smadar
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Could be an allergy to something he was playing with or touching outside. I can't really think of anything else it could be really, sorry.

Bradsmommy22
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I have the same problem i've had it since I was a little girl. If i get to cold my hands will swell and i'll also start breaking out in hives. I'm not sure what it is tho i went to a doctor when i was younger and they wanted me to not take bendryl when it happened but i couldn't i had to take it because the pain was bad. Now that i'm older i can handle the pain i just havent brought it up to my doctor Sorry left out the reason behind not taking the meds is so they could run some test

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)