• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping in undies!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

sooo last night my 4 year old son  made the choice to sleep in  undies .. soo i let him... he peed and got very upsat about it in the morning.. so i told him  we could try agan to  night...i personaly dont think hes ready because hes a heavy sleeper and pees alot at night... but i dont want to discorage him soo were gonig to try it  any tips  would help  also do they still make plastic mattres covers

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LaurenCrise
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job. Yea, I think they still make them.

Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:41 PM

If you go to walmart and find a "waterproof" mattress cover, that should work. It's got a cloth top and a plastic bottom and it doesn't make a whole lot of noise when you move on it. Good luck! 

ARmommyof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM

As a child I had a medical condition (can't remember what it's called) where my brain didn't register for me to wake up in time.  I outgrew it at about 7 yrs old and it was on ly occasionally, so keep encouraging him!  It may not be entirely his fault.  My DD does this sometimes too and she's 4 as well.  I just make sure she goes to the bathroom immediately before bed and she rarely gets anything to drink after about 7:30 pm.  He'll get used to it!

Kayce Patton, CNA
Cody's Wife; Mikah and Kade's mommy
  Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.ComMyspace Layouts, Glitters & More!

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM

My mom use to wake me up at night a few times to use the bathroom eventually I woke up myself and went

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

savannah3334
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

What about the goodnights that look like boxer shorts?? My nephew wears them and he is 7 he is a heavy sleeper as well and wont wake himself up to pee.  He loves them they dont look like sleep pants.  Also you can go to a dollar store and buy a tablecloth that is great for covering a mattress...cheap and you can just throw it out when you are done with it..I suggested it to my sister and she loves it!! I use it now on our mattresses for my SS who is 3 just in case of a problem!!!

baby boy

jamrodkey
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

All you can do is keep trying.  Maybe try pull-ups??  My son is 10 years old so it's been a while since I've potty trained.  I can't remember what worked.  Good luck though!

lizzer
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM

i would wake anna up around 11ish and sit her on the potty chair in her room till she went, eventually she started getting up on her own.  good luck! 

pregnancy

Sirenabella
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

We stop liquids an hour before bedtime. They still sell plastic or vinyl waterproof mattress covers. I get them at walmart. Good luck!

kris10npj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

thanks for the tips     he hase been pull up fre  for everything  but bed time  for like almost 2 years  gonig to try waking him  up at like 2 am see if that works and we all ready stop drinking after dinner and even thats just enough to wash  dinner down ..  ill have to check walmart i was looknig for something i could just wipe down but  if i have to ill just buy a few  (i hate laundry )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)