• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUMMM idk what this is! Update

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Is my face blotchy like this because of the pregnancy Im 14 weeks? Or is something wrong? It itches abit, but its flat not a raised rash! Its a bit worse than the pic shows...its more red

Edit: its started to get flaky now, under my left eye, and on my left cheek.....Im going to call my ob as soon as i get off work, Im calling him about that, but also my left hip has been hurting so bad, it hurts to walk for about 3 days now, maybe hell see me 2 weeks early?. Thanks ladies

Update....Well my ob isnt in the office today, so of course the on call told me to go to the ER....Idk what they could do for me there, give me a bendryl shot, and thats all....they cant xray my hip or anything. I dont feel this warrents an ER trip. Am i Wrong?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I have no idea but, I would prolly call my doctor!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

SkysMom3808
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I agree call your dr!! I broke out like that and it was an allergic reaction to something... *source still unknown*

Quoting Justine1123:

I have no idea but, I would prolly call my doctor!

peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

yep, it is the "mask of pregnancy".. it has a real name, but I can't remember it 

Becky

mommyoftwo2218
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I am not sure Amber.  I would go ahead and go to the doctor.  Please let me know what he says.

boy n girlDarlynn

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM

If its an allergic reaction I'm pretty sure its safe to take Benadryl - but your doc will tell you that. It could be your skin is dry and sensitive due to pregnancy. Try a moisturising mask tonite and see if that helps.

PoniiGurl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I am 11 weeks along and have noticed I have extremely dry skin now that itches like crazy. My coloring is off as well. I use Victoria Principle's Principle Secret. (cleanser and day and night moisturizers) Works wonders BUT I sometimes am lazy and just use Aveeno daily moisturizer which makes me feel all silky and moist.

amb_josh
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)