• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creepy, much!?!?!?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

the "factory warranty" for my husband's dad's car expired LONG TIME AGO. Like half a year now! They blow up their house phone and cell phones LISTED just to try and get them to extend the warranty. I just got a new phone... like DAYS AGO... and now they are calling me? HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY KNOW MY NUMBER OR KNOW I AM ANY BIT RELATED?! IT'S NOT LISTED ANYWHERE OR ON ANY PAPERWORK I JUST GOT THIS PHONE! CREEPY!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
te_amo415
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM

haha next time they call, whoever, tell them you need them to stop calling. make sure your FIL does too. IF they do call you after you told them to cease contact, you can make an abuse report. good luck and i hope they stop calling!! i know how annoying things like that can be

My name is D0minica Maria. Girlfriend t0 Jas0n (o5_3o_o5). M0ther 0f Julian Blaise  (o4_15_o7). i'm a bitch, i'm a l0ver, i'm a child, i'm a m0ther, i'm a sinner, i'm a saint, i d0 n0t feel ashamed. i'm y0ur hell, i'm y0ur dream, i'm n0thing in between and n0 i w0uldn't want it any 0ther way.

Join the diet challenge: http://www.cafemom.com/group/thedietchallenge
Starting: Weight= 128lbs, BMI= 25.9
Current: Weight= 125lbs, BMI= 25.2
Goal: Weight= 110lbs BMI= 22.2
3lbs lost .. 15lbs to go

honeybababy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM

how do you make an abuse report? my husband told them to stop calling him like two weeks ago on his cellphone. and don't you think it'd odd they knew my number when it is totally new? can i argue that on the abuse report too? hahah

Quoting te_amo415:

haha next time they call, whoever, tell them you need them to stop calling. make sure your FIL does too. IF they do call you after you told them to cease contact, you can make an abuse report. good luck and i hope they stop calling!! i know how annoying things like that can be

Nicki1985
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

It's a scam. I've been getting those calls too. And a bunch of other people I know...some of them don't even own cars! And mine isn't in my name!

KendallsMommi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I get those phone calls all the time. My car warranty has been up for years lol , so needless to say its a scam to get u to buy something. They call me from nebreska , kentucky , all over the place ! It gets soooo annoying , I notice it all started right after I got a credit card ... I know most companys do buy and sell our information ( name , addresses etc. ). The call will tell u to dial 2 and they will take u off the list . It does not work , I even asked to talk to a representive , and told them to take me off the list and the lady hung up on me ! I still get the calls ....

humanjunglegym
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM

We get these calls too.  If they call one more time we are going to tell them they're gonna get a horn in their ear.

humanjunglegym
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

OT-has anyone ever told you you look like Cheryl from Dancing With the Stars?

dragonfly24
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I get them too and I still have 4 years left on my wty. Its not even from the company that holds the warranty their telemarketers

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

angelizedsinz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I don't own a car n i get those calls lol. It's been crazy the last few months cuz the telemarketers are just going crazy. I've had my number for less than a yr, so I dunno how they got it, bt 8 out 10 calls are crap calls from some weird area codes.

Missyin love

Optimism is a choice....cynicism isn't smarter, just safer.

heather953
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I get those calls at least once a day i just hung up

LeasMama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Quoting humanjunglegym:

OT-has anyone ever told you you look like Cheryl from Dancing With the Stars?

lol thats so true.

I used to get those calls too and I don't even have a car in my name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)