Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO YOU... (POLL!!)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: how many times a day do you sweep??

Options:

once and it stays clean

twice and it stays clean

after every meal .. (thats when I heard you should)

more than 3 times a day I feel like I am sweeping all day long

once a day but I don't care if its dirty

2 times a day but don't care if its dirty

hardly ever I could care less

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

sweep your floors ?? I feel like I am sweeping all day long and it never is clean ... there are 2 small kids and there are 3 dogs in the house (one is a tea cup and spends most of the day laying on the couch so really 2 .. ) But I am wondering if this is normal cause I mopped last night and swept this morning and it looks like I haven't cleaned for days in here .. OH and the dogs are walked so its not like they are running dirt in and out all day.. 

Please bump if you vote or leave a comment that would be nice :o) 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Riahsmom1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I chose the once a day and it stays clean one but we don't ever wear shoes in the house and only eat outside or at the kitchen table=) 

Stacie-Kim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

thanks I try to keep the kids eating only at the table .. but tehy are forever sneeking lol But still I can't figure out why this is lol

Quoting Riahsmom1:

I chose the once a day and it stays clean one but we don't ever wear shoes in the house and only eat outside or at the kitchen table=) 

Stacie-Kim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:24 PM

bump looks like could care less is winning LOL 

Stacie-Kim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM

well not really lol 60% of you guys still sweep lol

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

bump looks like could care less is winning LOL

purple ribbon           kissing dad              

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM

I used to be a clean freak and now that ds is two and always dropping things.. I tend to not clean as much as I used to.  Seems to be as soon as I sweep and mop the kitchen floor he goes in there 10 minutes later and drops his juice cup and it splatters all over the place.  Same way when I vaccuum.. never fails!  So I used to sweep atleast twice per day now i'm lucky if I do it twice per week just because I would be doing it over and over again.  No thank you  :)

Humboldt0608
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Depends on the day for us. Usually I sweep sometime in the afternoon and then again before bed after most of the traffic in the house has died down. Well and after meal times at the table but that's a pretty small area.

thisnametaken
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:28 PM

You didn't have an option for me.  I sweep once a day.  I do care that it gets dirty again, just don't have the energy it takes for the continual upkeep.

I'm a toe-stubbing, coffee drinking, loud laughing, chocolate addicted, chunky mom with a totally inappropriate sense of humor.
Educated moms don't ASSume that parenting choices are one size fits all.

Stacie-Kim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM

very true lol !! I wouldn't be soo over the top if I wasn't getting ready for my mom to come home from the hospital .. (she has pancreatic cancer and just had surgery ) So the house has to be SUPER clean!! 

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I used to be a clean freak and now that ds is two and always dropping things.. I tend to not clean as much as I used to.  Seems to be as soon as I sweep and mop the kitchen floor he goes in there 10 minutes later and drops his juice cup and it splatters all over the place.  Same way when I vaccuum.. never fails!  So I used to sweep atleast twice per day now i'm lucky if I do it twice per week just because I would be doing it over and over again.  No thank you  :)

Stacie-Kim
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

lol sorry!!

Quoting thisnametaken:

You didn't have an option for me.  I sweep once a day.  I do care that it gets dirty again, just don't have the energy it takes for the continual upkeep.

TattedMommyof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I sweep like every other day.  The floors are constantly dirty.  I sweep and 10 minutes later there's another mess.  I just don't see the point in trying to keep them sparkling clean 24 hours a day.  It just isn't realistic around here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)