Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am pissed (long)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

I went to go pick my daughter today from school (we walk). I was running a little bit late and when i left the house and got to the side yard of the apartment, this little girl stopped me and said "your daughter was being mean to me and called me the B word and hit me a bunch of times".

So i was a little confused because that doesnt sound like my oldest AT ALL. she knows better.

So i told her i would have a talk with my daughter and i was sorry she did that.

So i get to my daughter and she is walking with 2 other little girls, one of whom i have met before and is in her class. a really sweet girl.

I asked the 2 other girls "did Harmony call that girl the B word and hit her?" and they looked shocked and said NO, that girl called us the B word and hit me and Harmony"

So i was ticked off that this little girl went out of her way to get my daughter in trouble.

we got home and Harmony is complaining about her neck hurting and is holding it. so i looked at it and its BRUISED a little. So now i KNOW this girl hit my daughter!

This girl is pretty husky and i swear she was like 10 years old, but the girls just told me today shes only 7.

Harmony did admit she hit the girl back after she hit Harmony. Which is fine. My daughter is not gonna get beat up by someone and not do anything to protect herself.

another thing, this little girl (well call her C,cause i dont know her real name) who hit my daughter and the other little girl always walks home with another girl (D), i'm guessing she's 12 or 13. and when this other girl (D) is not around (C) is very sweet. at least to me. But i have seen her start fights and chase little kids around screaming bad words at them.

So i dont know what to do. Harmonys friend and her mom came by just a little bit ago to see if i had seen anything and i didnt. But we are both going to the school in the morning to report this little girl.

and apparently C's mom cant be trusted with the issue. Because she has been known to scream profanity at other kids around the complex, saying shes gonna have C beat them up, and calling them whores.

WTF!!!! I dont know what to do. I need to teach Harmony to defend herself but i dont want her to get in over her head if something does happen and then her get her butt kicked real bad. But i cant tell her to run away from this girl because i have seen this girl chase kids around if they run from her and try and fight them. So either way Harmonys in trouble.

If she runs, shes gonna get beat up, if she stays and fights for herself shes gonna get beat up.

There are WAY to many kids around here and WAY to many parents that just dont care!

I'm not trying to start any drama like i did the last time i had a problem like this. but really, why do some parents just not care? or why do some parents teach there kids its ok to beat other kids up or call them names for no reason??

and before ANYONE says mayeb my daughter started it...i know she didnt, and i know she wouldnt. I have taught my daughter to be better then that. Plus i have gone to pick her up and stayed back to see what she does when i am not around. She plays on the swings behind the school and just plays. laughing and having a good time. Shes not one to start something, or say something mean to anyone.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Allow
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Chances are, there will always be bullies for whatever reason. I don't bother trying to understand that mind set, it makes me to judgmental. Instead, I do my best to teach my own children to NOT respond to those kids, just totally ignore them.

The kids that seek negative attention on whatever level, if the attention they seek is not given, if your daughter makes them a non-issue, time will simply take them away from one another. It has worked every time with my kids.

Anytime a person engages in an unsavory situation, they are signing up to be a part of it.

Maybe you can encourage your daughter to go to the nearest adult when TSHTF, because if she doesn't get involved, and instead gets an adult involved, she is better off.

dragonflykiss44
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM

thats the problem. Alot of the parents who walk to pick up thier kids just go and leave. i have seen fights break out and I am the one who usually stops them.

I have never seen any of the other parents even act like they have seen whats going on.

Quoting Allow:

Chances are, there will always be bullies for whatever reason. I don't bother trying to understand that mind set, it makes me to judgmental. Instead, I do my best to teach my own children to NOT respond to those kids, just totally ignore them.

The kids that seek negative attention on whatever level, if the attention they seek is not given, if your daughter makes them a non-issue, time will simply take them away from one another. It has worked every time with my kids.

Anytime a person engages in an unsavory situation, they are signing up to be a part of it.

Maybe you can encourage your daughter to go to the nearest adult when TSHTF, because if she doesn't get involved, and instead gets an adult involved, she is better off.

Allow
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

thats the problem. Alot of the parents who walk to pick up thier kids just go and leave. i have seen fights break out and I am the one who usually stops them.

I have never seen any of the other parents even act like they have seen whats going on.

Quoting Allow:

Did this happen on campus, or not? Where are the school employees?

dragonflykiss44
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

technically its not on school ground. Its right behind the school. out of the back gate. there are no teachers back there in the playground behind the school. Just a bunch of parents getting thier kids.

there are teachers but they are at the backgate...and the backgate is a little ways from the playground.

Quoting Allow:

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

Quoting Allow:

Did this happen on campus, or not? Where are the school employees?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I would make my daughter wait for me at the school, on school property.  That way there is adult supervision.

tae_smith87
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I'm sorry but this is just me. If my daughter didnt start it she has to finish it. Especially if the girl is constantly picking on my daughter and no one is doing anything about it. I would tell my daughter to whup her a$$ and if the momma want some too tell her to call me. I got picked on a lot and I grew up having to defend myself because parents and school officials only can do so much. And half the time I would be hanging out around the neighborhood. I mean this is just what I would do.

bluegirl3957
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Just curious, were you the mom with the boys on bikes saying rude stuff to your daughter?

Either way, I'm with you on this (I was in the other instance too - you or not).  It sounds like you're just in one of those places where not many of the parents are concerned about their children.  It also sounds like a lot of the parents at the school who are picking up their kids are of the opinion that if it's not their kid in the fight it's not their business.  I understand that, but also if no one has stepped in to stop the fight someone HAS to.  Ugh!  It just sounds like a can't win situation for you.  My sympathies.  : )

Allow
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I would make my daughter wait for me at the school, on school property.  That way there is adult supervision.

Me too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)