Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you all think about this?? (painting question)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think?

Options:

It will look good

It will look bad

other (because there always is an other) Please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

My kitchen is black and white and my dinning room is a work in progress.  I found this color in with the paints that where left by the previous owners.  It is almost the same color grey as the bucket, and I am thinking about painting the dining room this color.

This is looking into the kitchen from the dinning room (sorry about the mess)

this is looking into the dinning room from the kitchen.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aarkat
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

go for it!   you may need to throw in another color for an accent to warm it up and break up any monotony, but i think the gray will look great with the kitchen scheme.

humanjunglegym
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

It might just be the pic but your kitchen looks cream, not white.  If it is cream I think the gray will clash but if it's white, white I think it will look ok.  If you don't add the right accessories I think it will look drab though.

Mover
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I think the gray will look great. It looks like the base of the kitchen cabinets are painted gray and a stripe on the doors? If so, the gray in the dining room will make sense. You need to pick a different color for a rug or the dining room table cloth to look complete. Are you going to leave the dining room closet door white?

MarineWife1108
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I think it would look good if you added some grey to the kitchen and picked a bright color and used accents in that color in both rooms so there is a transition and a connection from one to the other.

JsMomma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I think it would look good with the right accesories. What are you going to do with the table? Paint it? I remember your post in Design on a Dime, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)