• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am going to be throwing a benefit for my son. He is almost 14 months old and has been in the hospital his whole life. He was a preemie. My water had broke at 19weeks and he stayed in and was born at 28weeks. He weighed 1lb 6oz and was 11 1/2in long. He has been struggling with his lungs ever since. He got a G-tube (feeding tube) when he was 8 months and got his Trach shortly after that. It has been an up and down battle with his breathing and feeding issues. Inever done a benefit before because I got a job at the hospital that my son is at, so we were doing fine financially. Well i have had to cut back my hour to pretty much nothing cause he has been not doing so well lately. So one of the nurses suggested doing a benefit for him.

I have no clue how to do a benefit or how to go about even setting one up. So I was hoping to get some thoughts or ideas on how to do this. PLEASE HELP! I'm lost.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I have no clue, but here's a bump for you!!  Good luck!!

bump 

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

gobimom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I am not sure where you live but have you or your family contacted any of the local clubs?  Our local Moose, VFW etc. are always willing to host a benefit for a worthy cause.  I think it will be a lot of work for you to host one and probably take precious time away from your child....have a family member look into someone else hosting the benefit. 

LeasMama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Quoting momcat437:

bump 

peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Quoting gobimom:

I am not sure where you live but have you or your family contacted any of the local clubs?  Our local Moose, VFW etc. are always willing to host a benefit for a worthy cause.  I think it will be a lot of work for you to host one and probably take precious time away from your child....have a family member look into someone else hosting the benefit. 

I agree.. you need someone to help you

contact a local service organization or church

Becky

gobimom

Almost forgot - bake sales are great.  I am a nurse and we have them all the time for employee's that have a long term illness....If you work at a hospital have one of your co-workers throw something together.  Sometimes we will also do a 50/50 raffle at work..... 

beth1102

oh god i wish i knew what to tell you. good luck and i hope your little one pulls though soon

Mommylisa7

Quoting LeasMama:

Quoting momcat437:

bump 

4reasons2smile
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM

i dkn but here is

theskillfactor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I don't know either, but here is a bump.

krya83082
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

my cousin was recently killed in a car accident, and my uncle has been doing benefits for a scholarship fund in her name. He is planning a poker run, and a golf tournement. He also set up a bank account for the Fund if people just want to make a donation. He sent out letters to companies he works with. Maybe you can do some of these types of things too. my prayers are with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)