Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i get rid of her? EDIT

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 60 Replies

i have a 10 week old puppy who hates my son lol....my son will be 2 in june and i swear my dog lucy has it out for him...yesterday he was just standing there and lucy jumped on him and scratched his face and was biting his arm....i have been keeping her in her cage a lot sense then because im so scared she is going to hurt him....he wasn't even provoking her or anything he was just watching tv....she seems so aggressive towards him...she is a terrier mix by the way...is she just being a puppy or should i get rid of her>?

I better edit this before i get jumped on.....

She is normally not in her cage like that...she is only in there at night time when its time for bed...i was not expecting her to attack him like that and it scared the crap out of me...i just didnt want her to get him again and then have it be worse....this is our first dog and i dont know anything about dogs...so i just need advice...

breastfeedingbreast feedingbreastfeeding

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM

she is just a puppy, but it sounds like you were not prepared to handle a puppy and toddler, so if you are going to cage her all the time I would find her a new home 

Becky

Izayahsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM

I know that terriers are super hyper active, maybe she needs to be taken out more? Normally they are very good with kids..so I've seen on Animal Planet. Personally, I wouldn't get rid of her, maybe take her to training classes. 10 weeks is really young still, I wouldn't stick it to her just yet.

Good luck

*Izayah's Mom*
Free Blinkies
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Brandie_xo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM

That's how puppies play.

I would suggest finding her a new home instead of keeping her caged up all the time, its not fair to her, KWIM?

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby#2 Due Oct. 19

pregnancy

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

That's what puppies do, u have to prepare urself b/c puppies are a lot like toddlers.  Either u can take her to somewhere like PetSmart and makin take her to some training classes or give her to someone else. 

necro1134

sounds like shes just being a puppy....if you dont think you can handle her i would find her a home that can

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Shes being a puppy. You need to stop locking her up in her cage because you don't want to deal with her. you need to watch and train her.

4reasons2smile

MY common sense tells me that animals are unpredictible...you son is going to grow up scare of this and any other animal if it hurts him again the dog should'nt been cage all the time so i'll say yes...find a home for the puppy...

Swtmama62205

This is the first time she has ever been in her cage....she only goes in there at night normally....i just have never had a dog before and dont know if this is normal...i was scared she was like an attack dog and going to maul my child...i know that sounds silly but i just was not expecting that at all... 

breastfeedingbreast feedingbreastfeeding

AngelEyes102699
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

My hubby and I bought a Great Dane right before we found out we were pregnant with our son. Well, we decided to keep him. He loved our son, but he got to be a miniature horse and played to rough. Our son came first.. the dog had to go. I hated to do it.. but I also dont like the idea of keeping dogs locked outside all the time. So, we found a good home for him. Hope this helped!

- Terri Lynn and Jonathan Tyler

amb_josh
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I totally agree with all the other posters....its not right to keep a puppy caged up all day. When someone gets a puppy its to join as a member of the family, so question......would you put your son in a cage all day? Im sure the answer is no.....find the puppy a loving home that can train her, terriers take alot of training because of such hyper dogs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)