• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I help?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I help?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

So my sister and her dh are moving on the 20th and 21st of this month which is a Mon. and Tues.  I am a SAHM so I nothing going on those two days, but everyone else in the family works.  Don't know why they want to move in the middle of the week.  Not on the weekend.  Anyway, should I help.  They came up with excuses anytime we asked them to help move into our house.  They wouldn't help paint or come to the painting party.  Her dh said he would help us move then never showed up on the day.  So should I help.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

be the bigger person

Becky

LWRIGHT13
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Be the person you want them to be. Id help.

UpSheRises
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

be the bigger person

Stephaniel28
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I'll be honest....very honest.  I am a very tit for tat person, and if someone wasn't there for me, I wouldn't be there for them...thats just me...an ugly trait I know :(

krya83082
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I would say since you don't have anything to do, be the bigger person. That doesn't mean you have to help all day. Then next time you ask for help, they might help you. JMO

RaynesMommy07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I say if u want t help, help, if not dnt.  I probably wouldn't but that's b/c me and my sister dnt get along.  But if are the helpful type of person, then go for it. 

2chillins4me
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I have helped them all the time whenever they ask.  I am the one who found this house for them.  I don't want to be taken advantage of.  Usually I would help no questions asked, but I think they think they will call and I will come running.  

MOMMYTO5CUTIES
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

be the bigger person

krya83082
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Have you asked them why they never seem to be able to help you, when you're always helping them? Maybe, flat out tell them you don't want to be taken advantage of and you're willing to help, but when you need help, you would appreciated help in return.

Quoting 2chillins4me:

I have helped them all the time whenever they ask.  I am the one who found this house for them.  I don't want to be taken advantage of.  Usually I would help no questions asked, but I think they think they will call and I will come running.  

Vandyswife
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:11 PM

there is NO way I would help period.. there is no excuse for them not being there for you.. now they can see how it feels.. I guess im a bitch.. but theres no way I would let someone take advantage of me like that... thats how you get people to walk all over you and never give naything in return.

Quoting krya83082:

Have you asked them why they never seem to be able to help you, when you're always helping them? Maybe, flat out tell them you don't want to be taken advantage of and you're willing to help, but when you need help, you would appreciated help in return.

Quoting 2chillins4me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)