Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have DIrecTV?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 51 Replies

I have worked for DTV for 4 years now in the tech support. What do you think about it? Is it me or is there really always something wrong? It could just feel like it cause the department I work in.

Whats your input?

mommy graphics

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbyalysse
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

i HATE directTV! i can't wait till the day our "contract" is up!

peanutsmommy1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

no complaints about it, but we are switching to U -Verse when our contract is up 

Becky

LWRIGHT13

We've had it about 8 years now and we have had minimal issues with it. When we first switched to TIVO we had some problems but they were resovled quickly. I think sometimes its user error and they just want someone to "yell" at.

ILOVEJAYANDHAY

LOL! I hate contracts for anything!

Quoting kirbyalysse:

mommy graphics

ILOVEJAYANDHAY
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Ya, I hate that alot. A lot of the issues we get is totally user error and you try to explain what happened - but they want to go to another company not realizing problem will follow! LOL!

Quoting LWRIGHT13:

We've had it about 8 years now and we have had minimal issues with it. When we first switched to TIVO we had some problems but they were resovled quickly. I think sometimes its user error and they just want someone to "yell" at.

mommy graphics

Dealbafamilyof3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

i like DTV. Im confused with some of the Dvr things but other than that its a good service 

kirbyalysse
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:02 PM

what i hate is that when we signed up we were told that there wasn't a contract so when we couldn't afford it anymore and went to cancel we were quite surprised to hear that we would have to pay around $500 to get out of the contract!

Quoting ILOVEJAYANDHAY:

Quoting kirbyalysse:

ILOVEJAYANDHAY
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Usually they just prorate it from the time you have completed until the end of the contract.

Quoting kirbyalysse:

what i hate is that when we signed up we were told that there wasn't a contract so when we couldn't afford it anymore and went to cancel we were quite surprised to hear that we would have to pay around $500 to get out of the contract!

Quoting ILOVEJAYANDHAY:

Quoting kirbyalysse:

mommy graphics

2chillins4me

Have had it about 3 or so years.  At first we loved it now I can't wait to get rid of it.  They were double billing us, and we don't get local channels on one of our tvs. They won't fix it.   

ILOVEJAYANDHAY

To me it has 'too much' I like to record and watch then delete I don't need all the other things!

Quoting Dealbafamilyof3:

i like DTV. Im confused with some of the Dvr things but other than that its a good service 

mommy graphics

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)