Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long after birth did you feel better?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM
  • 37 Replies

i am going into my 2nd week from having my baby, my back and stuff keeps hurting and i still feel so tired, i was really anemic while i was pregnant but my doc told me once i ran out of iron pills to just stop taking them and that he would run my blood again, but he didnt after i gave birth , so i am thinking he is going to do that at my 6 week check up

but how many weeks after birth did you start to feel better and like your old self again?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmansmama2007
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM

It took me a while to get back to "normal" and Im still not "normal" but as far as pain and stuff it took a good 6 weeks or so and my back still kills me! Motrin was my best friend as well as the Dermaplast and tux! Congrats by the way

krya83082
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:03 PM

bump

MAyers
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

with my 1st it was a couple weeks w/ my 2nd it was as soon as I had her, i felt fine and ready to go.

luvmybaby430
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:05 PM

i figured it may take a while, thanks for the congrates, i am so glad she is here and that i am not pregnant any more, lol, it was pretty tough at the end there.

my doc has me taking vicoden, and i have been taking it everyday since i left the hospital, but i am scared to keep taking them everyday until they run out, cause my friend told me that vicoden is one that your body starts to depend on and when you dont take it you feel like crap the next day from not taking it, plus i am breastfeeding and i dont want to take vicoden everyday.

Quoting lilmansmama2007:

It took me a while to get back to "normal" and Im still not "normal" but as far as pain and stuff it took a good 6 weeks or so and my back still kills me! Motrin was my best friend as well as the Dermaplast and tux! Congrats by the way

ceciliam
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I was feeling pretty good by the time they let me get out of my hospital bed. I had to have a c-section, so I was hooked up to a bunch of stuff after my son was born and I couldn't wait for them to unhook everything so I could get up. Once I was up and moving, I was good.

I LOVE DIAPER CAKES!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:08 PM

With my daughter, I felt fine in a couple of hours.

With my son, it was the next day.  But we had been up all night and was super tired.

CC.Carter
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Im sorry that its taking you a while to feel better, but I never felt bad after my pregnancy.

ldsdragonmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I actually just started feeling better and I had my baby on March 26th.

toddler boytoddler girlCohen April 2006 and Makayla July 2003

baby boyBrandon March 2009

teachenglish2

It took me a good 2 weeks to feel better. Not only did my neck and back hurt, but I had the epidural headache to go with it. The only thing besides the Advil I was taking that helped me feel better was going to a chiropractor for my neck and back. I would suggest finding yourself a good chiropractor if you can afford it--or if your insurance covers it and go once or twice a week for a couple of weeks and that should help your back pain. I delivered vaginally and no one told me to support my neck. Hope you feel better soon--and the sleep depraviation goes away. Just sleep when the baby sleeps and definitely ask for help from family and friends so you can get your rest. Congratulations.

brittneyon

i hated the tux. i stopped using them after 5 days. it just made going to the bathroom more of a hassle. as far as feeling better, i think i was fine after 4 weeks. idk why, but i have a 4 week postpartum checkup rather than a 6 week. and i was all healed up and everything.

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)