• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice about my daughter

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM
  • 2 Replies

Help! I have a three year old daughter and have been battling issues with her taking things that don't belong to her. Everytime I catch her taking things I smack her on the hand, explain that stealing is wrong and she can't do it, then tell her to go stand in the corner or sit on her bed for a little while. So far it this approach doesn't seem to be working but I don't know what else to do. I can't just take away her toys because she shares a room with her cousin and it wouldn't be fair to her cousin. Please moms tell me how to handle this. Would prefer advice from mothers who have actually been through this but am willing to take any advice. Thank you :)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
XoSassyAmberXo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM

havent been through it but someone i know has. try taking her favorite toy or blanket. something you know she will miss and when shes upset about it being gone tell her you took it and ask her how she feels. then explain to her about how it makes you or the someone else feel when she takes something from them. "treat people how you want to be treated" "dont take other peoples things if you dont want yours taken" 

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Preschooler Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)