Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ebay fan !

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, I'm usually a big fan of Ebay.  I sell the clothes that dd has outgrown. I buy gently used or brand new items for the family.  Recently, I was selling some outgrown Gymboree clothes.  One item, the buyer asked after the sale was final, if I would lower my shipping charges.  I replied that I always ship Priority mail which is a flat fee of $4.95. I don't make any money off of shipping charges.  The top sold for $2.50.  When her top arrived, she claimed there was a snag in the front.  I told her my refund policy stated in the listing is I will give a cash refund, but she has to mail it back to me at her cost.  She got really mad and gave me a negative feedback!!  I had a 100% positive feedback until now! 

Ladies, was I wrong?  Should I have given her a refund of the entire shipping costs and the top too?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mover
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM

bump

lovemy2boyz08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I love ebay...I actually just won an item. I don't think you were wrong. Why should you be out money? I mean there should have been a picture of it. Have you already givin her feedback. If you haven't then give her some negative feedback.

Mover
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Sellers are not allowed to give buyers neg feedback any longer. Only buyers can give neg feedback.  In the picture of the top, you can't see any snag.  I even ironed the top before I took the picture, I didn't see any snag then either.  I think she was just  being mean.

tayanddyl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Wow I just had something similar happen to me.  I sold a book for $10.00 with 6.94 shipping.  The book was returned to me non-deliverable.  The buyer verified the address.  I refunded her money minus the shipping.  On yesterday she opened a claim against me saying I should have refunded the shipping also.  ???  Why should I refund shipping for an error that was not my fault!

Proud Mommy to a 10 year old very handsome son, a 6 year old DIVA, and a 1 year old Princess.  Step-mommy to a smart 14 year old son, a Beautiful 10 year old Daddy's Girl, and a super talented 9 year old Angel.  Our house is full most of the time but we love it.

Group owner
http://www.cafemom.com/group/theprincessandthefrog , http://www.cafemom.com/group/Bigeasy

mirandar2001
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

NOPE and you should ask her to retract the negative feedback. I hate the new feedback system where sellers can't defend themselves against spiteful buyers.

kelndylsmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM

i had the same thing happen to me on a shirt i sold first she gave me the wrong address so i got it back she gave me another address well she received it and the shirt was brand new and she said it had a snag in it . so i only refunded half her money no shipping because i don't feel it was my fault the shirt had a snag in it . it didn't when mailed out i always put my clothes in a zip lock bag to mail. but some buyers are awful and very rude and then they blame us !!

lovemy2boyz08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Quoting Mover:

Sellers are not allowed to give buyers neg feedback any longer. Only buyers can give neg feedback.  In the picture of the top, you can't see any snag.  I even ironed the top before I took the picture, I didn't see any snag then either.  I think she was just  being mean.

oh. I've never sold anything...I'm to scared....lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)